1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wonder why proxies get AdSense accounts banned?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by checksum, May 24, 2007.

Look at the AdSense ads, are they targeted to what people are surfing for on your proxy? I'm not saying it's your responsibility to have them targeted like that, because it's obviously out of your control, but think about it for a second. Now factor in the way you're placing the ads, are they close to a place where someone might click accidentally? If you answered no to the first question and yes to the second you should have a better understanding of why Google wants you out of AdSense. It isn't because they hate you, it's because they hate your traffic.

Ultimately AdSense needs to convert for the advertiser and if that isn't happening heads are going to roll. My advice is to use discretion when placing ads on your website, look at them and figure out if they have any chance of converting for the advertiser.

I'm betting some of you are sitting there thinking that it isn't your job to figure out what converts and what doesn't, but I'm telling you that is the short sighted part of the brain working and you need to ignore it. Using advertising that works for you just as well as it does for the advertiser is going to benefit you in the long run. It's going to teach you how to use advertising effectively on your website, which is a good skill to have because it's likely one day you'll start moving away from AdSense and onto one of the other affiliate platforms.

checksum, May 24, 2007 IP