1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WIX uses HTML5 and it seems to be unfriendly with SEO

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by triaions, Feb 21, 2015.

My website purtierglobal.com is designed with WIX. Now it seems that it is not friendly with many SEO tools. It has some good and easy features but it I can't get good PR and DA, wonder what is the point as my site cannot compete. Any advice if I should stay on with WIX?

triaions, Feb 21, 2015 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    PR, and DR are different to your search engine page rankings (SERPs). I believe that google does not plan to update the public (visible) PR, so you could have a pr10, but publicly, it will still show you pr0.

are you currently tracking your SERPs? Are you actively promoting your site and or doing off page SEO?

matt_62, Feb 22, 2015 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    WIX -- like most 'visual' design tools -- is a cute TOY for crappy little personal pages. If you are making a site for a business it -- much like the WYSIWYG parts of Dreamweaver or Web Expression -- or the halfwit idiocy of crapping out a "design" in photoshop -- is back-assward cart before the horse bull, where you are shooting the horse in the foot while at it!

They VERY NOTION that you can use something like WIX if you care at ALL about usability, accessibility, functionality, or search is 100% grade A farm fresh... fiction. Yeah, let's say fiction -- I mean something else.

This is evident in the bloated slow loading laundry list of how NOT to build a website you've saddled yourself with. You've been scammed and deluded into thinking you can build a website that way... hence the 35k of markup to deliver 1k of plaintext and four content images/media items; anywhere from five to eight times as much code needed JUST for that. Because you designed it visually it has ZERO "semantic markup" (a sick euphemism for "using HTML properly" used so as not to offend the halfwits who never learned to, well... USE HTML PROPERLY) which combined with "images for text" and a utter and complete lack of ACTUAL content (as evidenced by the 1k of actual plaintext on the page) means there's NOTHING for search engines to work with.

Endless static scripttardery in the markup, images for text, scripttard loading of the page content... it's the pinnacle of developer ineptitude before we even talk the massive images that have no business on a website, complete lack of graceful degradation, fixed metric (pixel) fonts, illegible colour contrasts, fixed width layout with fixed size design elements that have ZERO business on a real website, auto-playing video/audio below the fold -- again it's just a laundry list of how not to build a site...

... and entirely consistent with what one can expect from ignorant nube-predating SCAMS like Wix.

Throw that ENTIRE bloated slow loading mess in the trash and start over with semantic markup and progressive enhancement -- basically learn to use HTML and CSS properly -- and if you can't, hire someone who can; at least if you are serious about this as a BUSINESS. Sleazy shortcuts like Wix are just going to bite you in the ass.

OF course, that you mention "SEO Tools" is also troubling, since if you need some 'tool' for SEO you don't know what SEO is and have bought into that side of the equations scam artist snake-oil doctor BS as well... 99% of what has made SEO into an "industry" is nothing more than dimestore hoodoo, five and ten voodoo. SEO is a small but important part of building a website properly and promoting it; trying to automate it with tools or putting so much focus into it that there are people and even companies that do nothing but specialize in it is, well.... very special.

In the same way some Olympics are special...

Basically, someone put the saddle on you and took you or a ride. It happens.

deathshadow, Feb 22, 2015 IP
    malky66 likes this.