1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WIW? real .org domain with PR5, but no traffic

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by gemini, Jul 29, 2006.

I was browsing through expired domain names and found one which is PR5 and .org - it is in health care industry (disabilities) and has very strong natural links from other gov, org, us and edu sites, but Alexa shows very little traffic - almost 6mil (we know that the lowe number the better).

The site looks very juicy as fast linking and its own status... but I don't know if it's really worth much because the traffic is so low. What do you think?

I also feel really bad about bidding on it (so I kinda holding off so far).. seams like it's non-commercial organization that helps kids with disabilities.. the whole site was a donation in soneone's memory :( On the other hand I'd hate to see tits and boodies there in a month...

gemini, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  2. Black_Hand

Black_Hand Peon

Best Answers:
    lol good thinking.........so are u going to bid?

Black_Hand, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  3. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    Well... I have never bid on any domains yet... and I was going to try today, but the purpose is to manage to make some money off it... I'm not feeling like trying to make money off kids disability site. But I'm still curious what others think about this kind of sites with pretty good "reputation", but no traffic? I found pretty good sites - gaming site with a forum with over 1500 members and couple of dozen thousand indexed pages which is only PR3, but I think it has a lot of ptential.. I found another domain whith PR8 and a couple with PR6 and 7... that's crazy. Anyways, I'm just wandering about trying this all domain bidding thing.

gemini, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  4. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    :O Where are you getting these domains from.......dude......

They seriously do rock, you must bid on them.

Dont feel bad about anything, you are in the business now.

IT

Correctus, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  5. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    they have let the domain go...no time to think now!

agnivo007, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  6. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I would bid upon the domain also, but since it was a low traffic site, I would not bid to high. The PR5 is nice, but that could be done from a single backlink on a pr6+ website. If you don't get to keep the content from the website. Then your going to loose what ever google has indexed for the site. So, plan on building the indexing with the domain back up after you aquire it. Maybe it was just let go cause the orginal people that put up the website was never informed it was going to expire. You could after you buy it get in contact with them and offer it to them for a slighly higher price then you bought it.

exodus, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  7. MartynD

MartynD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where you getting these domains?

MartynD, Aug 2, 2006 IP