1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

With the death of PR, how is the demand for blogposts?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by tradester, Aug 10, 2016.

With the closure of PR earlier this year , is there less or more demand for blogposts ?
    Is there less demand now for link buildling services like article submissions, directory submissions?
    Thanks & Regards :)

tradester, Aug 10, 2016 IP
  2. Navea

Navea Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Links will always play a major role in ranking sites as long as Adobe.com is ranking for the keywords “click here.”

As for the demand, I believe it will stay the same. Because you only have two options, it’s either you build links or not. And obviously, if you won’t do anything, your competitors will leave you behind.

Now that PR is gone, guest post has become more challenging, you now have to study the stats of the website and use your judgment.

And by choosing the right blogs where you will submit your guest post, you gain an edge against your competitors.

Let me share my insight and here is what I do.

I scrape websites accepting guest post. I usually use Google and sometimes scrapebox.

Once I have done that, I check the Alexa rating of the website. This will tell you how famous is the site you’re looking at. Although this can be manipulated, it is a good starting point.

Then I look at the posts. Read them if it has quality. It not then it’s not worth my time. The date should be current and not a month less.

Then I check the author bio at the end of each post. I study how many links are provided and if keywords are allowed. Then I also check the comments.

After collecting the data for the following statistics, I use my judgment if it’s worth submitting my precious post.

Hope this helps other guest posters and please do share if you have any other helpful tips.

Navea, Aug 11, 2016 IP
  3. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    pr only death for public but not for google so keep in mind.

seoaceindia, Aug 11, 2016 IP
  4. forinnov

forinnov Member

Best Answers:
    Navea, Adobe.com is not at the first place for the keyword 'click here'. It is a pretty old example.
    Btw: nevertheless, I've agreed with you mostly

forinnov, Sep 9, 2016 IP
  5. Navea

Navea Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well at the time I was writing the reply above, adobe.com/reader was on top. Now it is ranking 5th at the time of this writing.

Navea, Sep 9, 2016 IP
  6. directoryman

directoryman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, webmasters are using other scales like Alexa rank.

directoryman, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  7. forinnov

forinnov Member

Best Answers:
    Ghm.. Alexa doesn't share the right data for many countries...
    SimilarWeb is working much better, don't you think so?

forinnov, Sep 13, 2016 IP
  8. jasontn

jasontn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Didn't Google PR die out in 2010? That seemed to be the case, or at least it was made secret, so it might as well been dead. I find it odd when I find web 2.0 lists among other things which list PR, even in 2016.

jasontn, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  9. Navea

Navea Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Navea, Nov 26, 2016 IP
  10. Web_Shark

Web_Shark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Only by Seo agencies or independent spammers - but with modern software, their caught and links deleted easily within minutes/seconds - so spam is a pointless waste of time

Web_Shark, Nov 28, 2016 IP