1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

With some effort $2100 last month

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Barre Tire, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank youn Eric atleast you are being decent and you are right I did learn a lesson.. A very valuable one...Again thank you...

Barre Tire, Oct 6, 2005 IP
  2. Swordfish

Swordfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    $2100 is great. Good job and keep up the good work.

Swordfish, Oct 6, 2005 IP
  3. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    This is my nominee for dumb ass post of the day.

GuyFromChicago, Oct 6, 2005 IP
    Smyrl and EWpro like this.
  4. EWpro

EWpro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okey - what kind of 'EFFORT' this time?

EWpro, Oct 6, 2005 IP
  5. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

Oh don't worry, I've already contacted them. Now he can just sit back and wait.

Please, barre, come back when you get banned and start a thread blaming someone else! That'll be fun too!

Crazy_Rob, Oct 6, 2005 IP
    obenix and sachin410 like this.
  6. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    You might want to read the thread rather than just the title :rolleyes:

dct, Oct 6, 2005 IP
    frankm and Smyrl like this.
  7. MichaelD

MichaelD Guest

Best Answers:
    You scam the advertisers and by doing that you scam Google. If Google would allow others to use your kind of pratices, then Google would be the biggest scam and no advertisers would do business with them. It doesn't take 2 years in public school to understand that, geeeez.

MichaelD, Oct 6, 2005 IP
  8. Swordfish

Swordfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yikes I just read the entire thread...Scammer advertisers is a no no.. Especially since most of the guys here in this forum use adwords to advertise their companies and such.

Swordfish, Oct 6, 2005 IP
  9. MichaelD

MichaelD Guest

Best Answers:
    Let's assume that you were Google who has millions of Adsense publishers. Would you reply with; "No problem, thanks for being so honestbut be careful next time, ok?". I know what I would say: "Next one, for you 10 million others".

MichaelD, Oct 6, 2005 IP
  10. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    actually he's just having fun of posting nonsense posts.

kawebspy, Oct 6, 2005 IP
  11. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Should not matter whether most forum members used adwords or not. Fraud is fraud.

Shannon

Smyrl, Oct 6, 2005 IP
    Roman likes this.
  12. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    This was a pretty harsh thrashing (after reading the entire thread thus far) and there is the concept of "innocent until proven guilty". That being said, I'm totally against what was being done on that website, but I don't have enough information to know what the truth really is. I'm of the opinion that this could be a scam, pure and simple, or this could be a legitimate human error where one partner (if indeed there was a partner) really did take advantage of the situation.

I won't be throwing stones this time around but I certainly am very sceptical to say the least.

mopacfan, Oct 6, 2005 IP
    plmerlin and stephfoster like this.
  13. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    I'll throw a few extra for you:)

Barre Tire likes this.
  14. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    It's the same story every damn day though!

It may seem harsh but there are many advertisers that are fed up with paying for bogus clicks and these threads are a way to release some of the frustrations.

Also, it should serve as a warning that if you do break the rules, you will eventually be caught one way or another.

Crazy_Rob, Oct 6, 2005 IP
  15. Eric Giguere

Eric Giguere Peon

Best Answers:
    I say we drop it an move on. We've made our point loud and clear. It seems to me that if someone knows there are violating the terms and conditions, they wouldn't publicize it and risk being shot down for it. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If Google has concerns, it'll be up to him to show that what happened was a mistake.

Eric Giguere, Oct 6, 2005 IP
  16. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you think you are really honest , return the money to google...will you do that?

sachin410, Oct 6, 2005 IP
  17. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    I will return money to google if any was generated from these links, What people are not seeing is that the site has over 200 pages most of which have Google ad's, This is the only page I have found that had any code on it. I am still searching but have not come across one yet. I really think that if thwere were any click throughs on these then they were very few. there were only a few images that I found and I could not see why anyone would even click on these images expecially our Logo.. It makes no sense, I am not totally convinced that this wwas intentional however to me it does not matter, The partner is out of the picture and i have removed the code.My only question is why would he do this, The images that were used again were not even images normal people would even click on.. Look for yourself and you will see. I guess that is all I can really say, people can believe what they want but the accusations I am getting if people really look at the site they will see that the cheating makes no sense.

Barre Tire, Oct 6, 2005 IP
  18. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    A lot of these scammers are so ignorant they make public their scamming and cheating ways all the time. Other forums don't call them out for a number of reasons. That doesn't happen here.

They are not nearly as intelligent as you're giving them credit for:)

19. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I just wanted to say that i believe that guy and think that most of the "hey you are a cheater. Keep him..." comments are just harmfull.

In my opinion, how a person can give the url of its site if he is doing sth wrong. After that the guy has apologized. If he knows he is doing sth worng, he will just go away after somebody detects the javascript code..

By the way, detecting that javascipt code is not the cleverest thing in the earth. So for a guy who thought such a trick can also notice that somebody can easily find the trick in this forum!! (If he wants to advertise his site, he can just select another way.)

In my opinion he just wanted to share information with us and thanks for that.

By the way, i agree that he is the owner of the site and should accept the decision of Google. So please do not get me wrong either :eek:

P.S. I am not the partner of that guy :) I am just a newbie in this forum and thankful for the people sharing info here...

casperl, Oct 6, 2005 IP
  20. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:

Bottom line is that he is responsible for his account, end of story.

Roman, Oct 6, 2005 IP
    sachin410 likes this.