1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

With some effort $2100 last month

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Barre Tire, Oct 6, 2005.

1. ken123

ken123 Peon

Best Answers:
    No wonder he was making $2100 a month. I could barely make $1 per day even with a decent amount of traffic.

ken123, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  2. ken123

ken123 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is very good for a part time job.

ken123, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  3. Jiraiya

Jiraiya Peon

Best Answers:
    um... is it just me or are the google ads still there in the code??

Jiraiya, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  4. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    I bet his partner put them back! :mad:

TheHoff, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  5. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From his site stats, it looks like he is getting about 20000 targeted unqiues per month. Even without the cheating, he could probably maintain a good CTR with some optimization. This is very unfortunate for him.

dzcap, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  6. nicknick

nicknick Peon

Best Answers:
    nicknick, Oct 15, 2005 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  7. Jiraiya

Jiraiya Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, good find. It is definitely related. Don't know if it is the actual poster but the article talks about Todd Hebert and the domain name is registered under him.

I also read the guy's last post. I'm thinking about it and I honestly think the guy didn't know what he was doing. He was dumb but I don't think he intentionally tried to cheat Adsense.

If he was intentionally cheating he would not have listed his site up to tell everyone in the first place. Goes to show you shouldn't completely trust someone over the internet without some verification by a third party.

Jiraiya, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I wonder ...

But based on writing style I have problems reconciling the guy writing on this forum with this Todd Hebert (who has a decent command of english grammar)

and again Todd talks about his daughter's quad racing as littlerascalsracing and coming across as a regular guy.

I wonder if Todd decided to trust one of these young guys who visit his store and let them run the website and now the kid is flipping out because his boss will find out what he's done!

sarahk, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  9. nicknick

nicknick Peon

Best Answers:
    If that's the case, someone should contact that poor guy and tell him what was done to his site as unatractive as it is. ;)

I'd hate for someone to do that to my site. You have to be so careful who you let touch your code.

nicknick, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  10. Less

Less Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys, sorry, but maybe it's enough? Too much attention to this cheeting resource. Always in the tops of forum...

Thanks

Less, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I would guess that the person who got the site banned was someone looking after it for Todd. Probably someone young, and I imaigne Todd would be dismayed to know what is/was going on with his site.

aeiouy, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  12. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    He was cheating, clearly violating the TOS and he got banned. There is really nothing to add here. 22 pages for this clear case ! this is not general chat forum guys. so enough.

enQuira, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but if it was some young gun screwing it up for the owner we're allowed to show empathy! And it's all contained in a single thread so allow us our 22 pages. You're not obliged to read them or participate. Shawn might complain though, it's chewing up valuable bits and bytes on his webserver.

sarahk, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  14. jazzd1

jazzd1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, this has gone to far.. All of this negetivity is not good..I'm sure he and everyone else that's cheating knowingly or unknowingly get the point now..Danny

jazzd1, Oct 16, 2005 IP
  15. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

Who is this Danny fellow?

aeiouy, Oct 16, 2005 IP
  16. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    Well Rob, We all know you reported me however I want yout to know that I recieved the check today, After they researched this I did get banned and now it is being investigated as far as being reincluded, However Google found that not one person clicked on the ad's that you say I was scamming Google and therefore I received my check today for the full amount....Just thought you would like to know...

Barre Tire, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So they've ok'ed the income but confirmed that the technique (which obviously didn't work anyway) is not?

sarahk, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  18. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely correct and as I have said in previous posts. This so called technique was set up by someone else. Irregardless it was stupid the links were set to images that noone would click on anyhow.. If someone was trying to scam adsense to make money you would think they would be linked to images that someone would click on. Don't you think...Either way I am glad that google investigated this and saw what really happened..If I end up getting reinstated I am not sure that I will use Adsense again anyhow. YPN seems to be much better .

19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Except there were. There was the text "Search All Tires" where search all linked to an internal page and Tires was to the adsense link. It's quite reasonable that people might click on that.

I guess it comes down to the fact that you get what you pay for - and sometimes it pays to use professionals. After all I wouldn't get tyres from my neighbour - I go to a proper tyre bay.

sarahk, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  20. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally Agree Sarahk and I do appreciate your input.