1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Windows Vs. Macs.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Superman123, Mar 22, 2007.

Hey everyone, I'm in need of a new laptop computer, for my little daughter spilled milk on my current one...:eek: :p :D I am thinking about buying a mac, but I have never in my entire life used a mac before... My questions are who's better windows vista or the (apple) macs, new up & coming leopard .. Its a hard choice for me, because I need a good computer....and I know nothing about macs, can somebody provide me with facts on macs..tell me what you know, id love to hear it...:)

Give me some info here please.. Vote on the poll..

- Thanks Everyone

- Greatly Appreciated..

Edit , Shoot I'm sorry mods, I posted this in general business not general chat... I'm sorry, can you please move it...

Superman123, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  2. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    go for the apple for now, I wouldn't go with vista personally for another six months till they get some bugs worked out...

d16man, Mar 22, 2007 IP
    icare likes this.
  3. tfraymond

tfraymond Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you're running PC-specific software, I'd go Macintosh. Much less worry about virii, easier to use, etc.

tfraymond, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  4. humanedited

humanedited Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been happy with XP (at work) but even happier afterhours using my 24" iMac!!! It has the nicest, clearest screen I've seen. I don't have many programs crash in XP but I have even less crash in OS X. I think XP is really good (with all the updates) but don't like Vista at all. To me, it's bloated and slow (on a brand new 1gb Acer with AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz ). There's still a lot of software that isn't compatible with Vista. There is/was issues with Adobe Creative Suite 2. Not sure about most peripherals but I know Lexmark doesn't have driver updates for most of their printers. And of course security is a lot better on a Mac than a Windows system.

Get a Mac. The weekend you spend adjusting to the little differences after years using Windows will be well worth it in the long run.

you might be interested in this:
    http://www.manastungare.com/blog/2006/02/18/ten-reasons-to-buy-mac-os-x-instead-of-windows-vista/

humanedited, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  5. Superman123

Superman123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do they not get viruses, I heard that somewhere... Do they not crash like pcs ...

I'm a windows veteran lol, but I want to try something new...How is it easier to use, examples...:)

6. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, ever since the Mac has gone to Intel, you can use Bootcamp or Parallel to install any Windows Operating system on it which will give you the benefit of both worlds. What don't run on the Mac, you can dual boot to Windows and run them. Or Parallel allows a VM to be run which can include Windows or Linux.

The Mac has always been geared towards the ease of use and Vista seems to have copied much of what the Mac OS X was before. It appears to be several steps behind feature for feature.

However, the Mac is a little pricier than the PC but you pretty much get a very neat tool.

In the end, it depends on what you use the computer for ? If it is to surf the web and work with multimedia, the Mac is a pretty neat machine.

eddy2099, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  7. Superman123

Superman123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anybody have a couple modles, that youve been happy with, my budgets about 3,000 for computers.. I run Advanced applications..

8. icare

icare Peon

Best Answers:
    Windows :D

icare, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  9. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess if you get the Mac, you need to have BootCamp or Parallel to run your windows application.

Alternatively, a Dell with a CompleteCover Warranty will safe you a lot if your daughter decide to spill milk on your laptop again :)

10. Superman123

Superman123 Peon

Best Answers:
    haha, lol I hope she doesn't spill milk on it again..:D .. I think im going to get a Mac, i heard a lot of good stuff about them.. And it will be a good experience for me..:p ...I thank you all for your wonderful responses..

- All the best

- Superman:cool:

11. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    I had my own PC for for 12 years, but recently switched to a MacBook. I NEVER look back. There is nothing my Mac cant do that my windows did. I use crossover to run all my .exes, so theres no issues with that as well. Macs also hold their resale value very well.

drig, Mar 22, 2007 IP
    icare likes this.
  12. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool! I am waiting for Leopard as well before I get a Mac. I am not sure if I should get the desktop or the laptop as I do not travel that often.

I may be wrong but it appears that when a new OS is out, there would be some revisions to the hardware too, usually for the better. But then again, no guarantees that would happen this time around.

Leopard can happen anytime from now till June.

The Macbook should fit into your needs well.

icare likes this.
  13. prodigy

prodigy Guest

Best Answers:
    mac baby, mac all the way I own a mac g5 imac.. and im loving it :)

prodigy, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  14. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How many times must this question come up?? (Mac by the way)

frankcow, Mar 22, 2007 IP
    icare likes this.
  15. Jelf

Jelf Banned

Best Answers:
    I just got a new dell today !!

I would never trade it for a mac :)

Jelf, Mar 22, 2007 IP
    icare likes this.
  16. icare

icare Peon

Best Answers:

What is special about Dell.
    Its just another PC :rolleyes:

icare, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  17. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Haa haa, actually I got a Dell 640m/E1405 for my mum and it is a nifty system. The MediaDirect is a nice touch too. I like the all-built-in features with the media card readers and the 4 USB ports. I tried Readyboost yesterday with a 1gb Thumbdrive and it is cool!. Really tempting a machine at a great price but my old Dell 600m is still alive so I will hold on.

Now to think of it, I'll get a Mac Mini for the fun of it ;)

18. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    Not yet tried mac and vista. But if I have too choose, I'll choose mac because of this reasons
    Wait for another... 6 months until ms release SP2 or something for vista.

bfebrian, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  19. TheGrin

TheGrin Peon

Best Answers:
    go mac! i'm craving for the next os and the release of adobe cs3

TheGrin, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  20. Jelf

Jelf Banned

Best Answers: