1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Windows vs. Linux

Discussion in 'Bing' started by wolvereen123, Jun 17, 2011.

1. yingym

yingym Peon

Best Answers:
    well it is windows all the way my friend....

yingym, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  2. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    The price of linux free is nice, however depending on the distro they tend to have a problem with compatibility for hardware. Nothing but a pain in the rump to get something simple to work with linux. Maybe they are getting better. But, part of the reason I dumped linux for my personal home pc was it was a pain in the rump just to get a wireless to work, audio, video, you name it. Some very simple things windows would automatically find and update linux would take hours to search and update manually by me. I don't have time for that. I am not a microsoft fan and I gripe about them more often than not, but at least they got some decent hardware compatibility going on. Not perfect, but much more happening than linux. Unless linux really went to town the past couple of years. The average person is not going to mess with all the searching out to get sound working. If linux would nail things like that down they would one day be closer to competing.

gameutopia, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  3. karan.digital

karan.digital Peon

Best Answers:
    thats how the start screen will look like in windows 8:D i like it though

karan.digital, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  4. alaknandaseo

alaknandaseo Peon

Best Answers:
    In comparison to windows Linux is really good but it is difficult to operate Linux and everyone cannot worked on it easily as windows...

alaknandaseo, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  5. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll inform my 28 employees that they are not able to do what they've been doing for the last seven years. Thank you. We don't use Windows at all and I guess that's the reason we've never been able to accomplish anything beyond growing from just myself to 28 employees in seven years.

And let's not forget almost all of the internet and mobile runs on *nix. What a failure that is.

drhowarddrfine, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  6. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Be prepared to dump all your monitors and buy new ones with a touch screen.

7. bjsk2020

bjsk2020 Peon

Best Answers:
    windows environment is easy and understandable
    linux has complex environment
    linux is mainly for programmers
    windows is mainly for basic computer users

bjsk2020, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  8. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have an Android phone? Do you have an iPad? Do you use a Mac computer? Then you're using *nix.

9. healthpurpose

healthpurpose Peon

Best Answers:
    linux is secure so i prefer it over windows

healthpurpose, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  10. dann12

dann12 Member

Best Answers:
    They have there own testing team and the team is certified by the renowned authorities !
    Also, in linux anybody can edit code and release it as new version.. And that is why i said it isn't standardized.

dann12, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  11. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Another "bright guy". ::rollseyes:: You don't answer the question either. The other "bright guy" said Windows follows a "standard" set somewhere. I'm wanting him to name that "standard". YOU, otoh, can now please show us this "certification" and who these "renowned authorities" are.
    And now we see the proof of your (non-)knowledge of all things computer. UNIX is a published standard that really is certified by a real organization and real 'renowned authorities'. Mac OSX is certified Unix, for example. Unlike your made up certification that you just dreamed up on your own.

12. karan.digital

karan.digital Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

13. karan.digital

karan.digital Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL amazing huh:D

14. _ab

_ab Peon

Best Answers:
    wow.... i expected that ;) :D

_ab, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  15. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, DP users come up with the strangest posts. What's his point? What does the operating system a visitor to a web site uses have to do with anything?

16. karan.digital

karan.digital Peon

Best Answers:
    lol. nothing. i just love posting charts in random forums:D drhoward get some rest you are trying too hard to defend linux. Don't be a fanboy:) just a suggestion. gn......

17. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Or do Windows users need a rest trying to defend Windows? Linux needs no defense.
    What does that make everyone else here? It's funny how those who defend Windows call everyone else "fanboys" yet what they are doing themselves is the very definition.

18. karan.digital

karan.digital Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm i am not a fanboy i think. As i said earlier i have both windows and linux installed. I know that windows is not perfect and so is linux. But i prefer windows because it satisfies my needs. But i think you wont agree with me. because your mind thinks only in one direction. I bet you will name your son linux too:D

Now lets assume that linux is a car. And so is windows. And lets assume linux is the best car in the world, it looks amazing, works great, never stops on the road, and is fuel efficient and is available for 500$(i know linux is free). And windows is shitty looking car which stops every once in a while and runs very slow available at a price of 10000$. Which car will you choose?? I am sure i will buy the linux car the day its released and dump my old windows car in the trash.

So why is that an OS like linux which is free and which is a perfect os according to you is still not preferred by users. Why is windows the most popular os in the world???? That only means that although linux is great and better in some aspects than windows, people still prefer windows because it has the features that people want and it satisfies there needs.. Because there are features in windows that are not available in windows no available in linux which are important to users.

think over it..:) And as i said earlier i love linux too mostly because of its stability but i still dont use it much..

karan.digital, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  19. adslvlc

adslvlc Peon

Best Answers:
    i'll go with windows

adslvlc, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  20. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Because *nix (note I say *nix, not Linux) is designed for professionals, not amateurs. Windows is designed for amateurs. It is also marketed to amateurs while there is no marketing for Linux. Linux itself is not a complete system by itself and those companies that develop Linux commercially do not market it to amateurs.

Having a large number of users does not mean your product is the best. As you said, it meets their needs. On the desktop/laptop, Windows fulfills those needs. Anywhere else in the world, Windows is virtually absent. *nix runs the internet, your router, your DVR, NASA, robots, television and the movies, the mobile market and on and on. Computer scientists use Unix, too. Most such development in the lab comes out of Unix.

Using the car analogy, I've said this countless times before. Driving the kids to soccer practices may be fine using the family van but no construction worker is going to take the family van to the construction site to get real work done. Windows is the family van. For real work, Unix is the MACK truck.

drhowarddrfine, Jul 7, 2011 IP