1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Windows server equivalent of chmod 755

Discussion in 'Security' started by christianweb, Jul 12, 2012.

The instructions for many PHP scripts and whatever give tips for server security, but the tips assume a linux server with Apache. I'm having a little difficulty translating over such instructions for a Windows server running IIS. For example, it's recommended that all directories that allow user uploads of images or whatever be set to chmod 755 (instead of 777). How would I do the equivalent on Windows? I know in the Windows folder properties you can set read and write permissions but it's not all that straightforward and I think actually it just works quite different. Maybe the equivalent security aim can/should be accomplished with a web.config file in such directories?

christianweb, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  2. InnovusHost

InnovusHost Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no set equivalent, but try to give[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] the anon user Read, Write and Execute permission on that file.[/FONT]

InnovusHost, Jul 13, 2012 IP