1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Windows/Linux Tech Forums

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by degreubiwa, Nov 21, 2016.

Want to discuss about various Forum communities which allows discussion of Tech and Administration Topics of Windows/Linux OS and has marketplace where we can sell/buy these services and custom programmed softwares/games and form joint ventures in Software space.

degreubiwa, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think they make a valuable contribution to the internet. It's great having an archive of problems that people have already solved.

sarahk, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  3. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I feel like I am missing something cruicial. What would you like to discuss about them? Or are you after more of a list of specific websites?

matt_62, Nov 22, 2016 IP
  4. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    I want to sell Server Management Services and Tech Support for Windows PC's.

degreubiwa, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So this thread here, the one we're having now, you want to "discuss those forums" or you want us to "suggest some to you"?

sarahk, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  6. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    I completed a book on Windows Server Administration and I need suggestion for forums which I can visit. There are plenty of Webmaster Forums but can't find these kind of forums I asked in OP above.

degreubiwa, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    When I installed windows 10 I found that there were lots of forums for pc admin - I'm not sure about servers, maybe fewer because the people who work on them tend to be trained up too? I've also found that if the software isn't free there is less likely to be free forums and free advice.

I would also suggest you hone your communication skills or focus on a language you are comfortable with.

sarahk, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  8. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For selling 'managed server' services, the main website for that, is webhostingtalk.com

BUT, except for total idiots, noone likes to share the root password with random forum people. You really have to prove yourself, before people will give you the chance.

I am more careful over who has root access to my servers, then I am over who my surgeon is.

On webhosting talk, I have seen people be hired to work as a support operator. This is possibly easier to get work in, as the company paying you, can see your replies, and there is no root access. This may be a good career start, until you can build up trust and later gain clients directly.[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    matt_62, Nov 23, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.