1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Windows Dedicated Server and Linux Hosting Accounts

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by mystikmedia, Jan 1, 2006.

Is there someone here who is pretty experienced with both Windows and Linux server administration? Basically, I want to do the following...

1) Find a Windows dedicated server that either comes with PHP and mySQL pre-configured or get someone to configure them properly on the server.

2) Export the databases from the two sites on the shared Linux hosting accounts.

3) Move two sites from shared Linux hosting accounts to the dedicated Windows server and get them properly setup with the databases.

If you feel confident you can do this, and you use IM software such as MSN, ICQ, AIM, or Yahoo Messenger, send me a PM. I will pay you to help me do this.

mystikmedia, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  2. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    Honestly, you should keep the PHP / mySQL on the *NIX boxes. They will run better and their might be some tweaks to your code first before migrating them. We are actually getting ready to do the opposite - move some PHP sites from Windows to *NIX

Corey Bryant, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  3. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    Yea, I know it is ideal to run PHP sites on *nix, but that is not an option in this case.

mystikmedia, Jan 1, 2006 IP