1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Windows 8

Discussion in 'Bing' started by karan.digital, Jul 4, 2011.

1. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Better in what way?

As a software developer and gamer Windows is far superior.

BRUm, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  2. karan.digital

karan.digital Peon

Best Answers:
    Better in stability and stability only:D

karan.digital, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  3. karan.digital

karan.digital Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the official video

[video=youtube;p92QfWOw88I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92QfWOw88I[/video]

4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Mac OSX is Unix. Unix is far superior to Windows in every way.

drhowarddrfine, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  5. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Pics of the GUI which is a year away from introduction. So far, it looks like it works with a touchscreen alone. Are you willing to buy a touchscreen? Even if you don't need one, a video of this is no indication of how it actually works or that any of that will be the same a year from now.

6. karan.digital

karan.digital Peon

Best Answers:
    drhoward i am through with you man. I don't want to waste my energy trying to prove you something when your mind thinks in only one direction. Yes windows sucks. Be happy..

7. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mate, Unix is one thing, but the bastardisation of it through Mac is another.

I've said it so many times before: I develop C#, Mac OSX is useless therefore. I play intensive games and Windows games, Mac OSX is useless therefore.

Do you own a Macintosh? I have both Windows 7 and Mac OSX with similar hardware, OSX is sluggish. Also, the WIMP system OSX uses is designed for pensioners and infants.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
    BRUm, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  8. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you trying to prove? Showing a screen capture of a marketing video for a year away product and then claiming you are proving something makes no sense. You aren't proving anything and never said you were trying to.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  9. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Unix is Unix and Mac OSX is certified Unix so the only "bastardisation" there can be are any additional software added on but that wouldn't be part of Unix.
    Yes. Apple makes Macs that are sluggish. Right. That's a feature millions of people buy Macs for. Apple strives for sluggish.

10. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an error in reasoning too many people make. The ability to run 3rd party software created for one operating system is no reflection on any operating system, either good or bad. You can play games on Unix/BSD, too, and if the same game companies would port their games to Unix/BSD, they would run the same and just as well. It is these 3rd parties that choose not to do so and you can't blame any operating system for that.

11. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well what do you want? You want me to mail you my Mac? Unlike you I don't have some strange chip on my shoulder about which OS I use. I've had more minor problems with OSX and more major problems with Windows. Stop this fanboyism, every OS has advantages and disadvantages.

Yeah 'cause that's exactly what I said you sarcastic bint. In my personal and professional experience Windows 7 out performs OSX and its performance remains more consistent for longer. Try pushing your fingers deeper into your ears, maybe then facts will cease to be factual.

This is an error in reasoning too many people make: wrongful assumptions. Where did I say that the reason OSX isn't for gaming isn't because of lack of third party interest and support? I'm aware of this situation which is why I use Windows.

BRUm, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  12. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh! There's that word! Normally I'd jump on you for being a Microsoft fanboy but you said you use OSX, too, but using that word is the first response from most Windows users when they have nothing to offer. However, how can I be called a fanboy when I'm stating OSX/Unix/Linux/BSD are far better than one: Windows? I also get called a fanboy because I advocate the use of ANY browser but IE yet I've frequently stated I have no qualms with Firefox/Opera/Chrome/Safari/etc.

Now, some like to call me a Microsoft "hater" no matter what product I talk about and no matter what evidence I show. For example, the links in my sig are "hater sites" even though one is by an independent developer. Over the years, I've swapped those links around and none of them have ever been to any corporate sites. I do have a background with Microsoft, though. I wasted a full year developing a product which was destroyed when they changed some .NET stuff on a whim and crushed what we were doing. Switching to BSD solved all that.
    And, as you stated, you've had minor issues with OSX but major ones with Windows. I'd rather have the minor ones.
    See what I mean by Windows posters?
    Well, 99% of DP posters claim "personal and professional experience" without having either. Suffice to say, you are the first person I've ever heard call OSX sluggish.
    I have no seen any such facts from you. Now you're making things up.
    In the context of that statement, it could be taken that way so I said that though not necessarily about you.
    If you need a computer to play games, get a XBox. If you want to get real work done, use *nix.

13. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bleugh prolonged arguing of operating systems is too camp for my liking, so I'll just point out what you misunderstood about my previous post and leave.

That's where you deep rooted hatred for Microsoft comes from :D No worries, I'm not defender of the company, I just think Windows is the best all around OS for my needs. It's more convenient to game on, partly because of Microsoft's monopoly and partly because Unix would cost time to learn.

It's a good job I'm not in that 99% then. Finding freelance work and having a degree usually satisfies 'professional' criteria.

The facts being the observation that my Mac vs PC with similar hardware has performance differences. That's what I was referring to.

No way. I don't like consoles as they're diluting the gaming industry with awful ports and more developers are creating games for consoles first with PCs as only an after thought, with some exclusively developing for consoles :( While I have access to an Xbox360 here I don't use it. I'd prefer getting the most out of my graphics card and the game.

I tried a dual boot years ago with XP and Red Hat 9 (I think). It confused the hell out of me so I left it, granted a poor excuse, but the time cost really didn't seem worth it.

I'll ask for your great advice: if I were to download and install a "pretty" version of Linux without the compromise in power, what would you recommend? BSD?

BRUm, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  14. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    That, followed by a questioning of the technical issues surrounding IE. That was back when IE held 95% of the market. That figure is almost cut in half now for those same things I questioned back then.
    My son is a big time gamer and agrees with you. Though he owns two XBoxes and assorted others, he only plays them when friends come over. He agrees PC games are far better than console games.

15. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting info. thanks. I've had a skim through Ubuntu before, I think I'll have another good look.

BRUm, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  16. djahmednawaz

djahmednawaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    can't wait to see windows8 launch.. anyone know expected date.. lolz?

djahmednawaz, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  17. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought Windows 8 was something bogus... then found out that its real :D
    anyways, Windows 7 is a completely different OS from its brothers and I love it... the best OS ever!!! (Thought I never used MacOS)

@djahmednawaz: You can just google it :p

Mr. Goodie2Shoes, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  18. Desttroy4

Desttroy4 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    LoL xD at black screen of death :p

Desttroy4, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  19. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    It's good to see another clueless individual get banned.

drhowarddrfine, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  20. karan.digital

karan.digital Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably in first quarter of 2012. Its still in development and will have many other features when its finally released. These are the main features announced by microsoft until now..

karan.digital, Jul 15, 2011 IP