1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Windows 8

Discussion in 'Bing' started by karan.digital, Jul 4, 2011.

Here is my personal preview of windows 8:D

Microsoft windows 8 is set to release in 2012, probably in april and it is already creating a lot of buzz around the techies. We all hope that it will be a significant improvement over windows 7 because so far windows falls behind other popular os's like mac and linux(ubuntu) in stability. So lets look at some of the features windows 8 has to offer..

If anything windows 8 does look promising to me and completely looks like a future os. Lets look at some the important changes microsoft is considering to bring in windows 8.

First of all microsoft is saying that it will be a 64 bit os only which means that it wont support 32 bit processors. So thats some bad news if you you have a 32 bit processor and eagerly waiting for windows 8.

Secondly the look of windows 8 will be completely different and will be a true eye candy. It will have tablet like interface and it will use interactive mosaic tiles for most of the applications.

It will also support something called snap to multitask between different open applications. You can snap application one over the other with a simple gesture. You can even have a standard Windows 8 desktop on one side and a new Windows 8 app on the other. This is actually quite cool.

N lastly performance wise it does look pretty fast and fluid. But again that is something which i cant guarantee right now, It will depend on how it performs on actual computers that people use with limited amount of memory...

Some other Windows 8 features:

Apart from the above mentioned features windows 8 will have a lot of features which are not that important. Some of them are:

• New task manager
    • Hybrid booting
    • Internet explorer 10
    • Genuine center
    • Black Screen of Death ( which replaces the blue screen of death:D)
    • n many other improvements

karan.digital, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  2. mron3

mron3 Member

Best Answers:
    Windows 7 falls behind other popular os's in stability?
    Have you ever used Windows 7?

mron3, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  3. cipcip

cipcip Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mac is better than Windows 7, it is more stable, he is right about this.

cipcip, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  4. Wad!e

Wad!e Member

Best Answers:
    I actually think Windows 7 is the best OS that has ever been released.

Wad!e, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  5. karan.digital

karan.digital Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes i use it everyday. Have you ever used linux?????? Try using it and see the stability difference. No system hangs,no BSOD and most importantly no virus's:D I love windows too. I just hope windows 8 will be revolutionary..

karan.digital, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  6. AliQureshi

AliQureshi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've switched to using Mac OS about a couple years ago I guess, never looked back. Although I will say that I have never had any issues with Windows at all, thats probably because I'm an advanced PC user, as a hobby I build PC's and overclock etc..

As far as viruses or crashes go, the fact of the matter is, the vast majority of the time the problems that people do have with regards to Windows are all due to user errors. A lot of people blame Microsoft, but it honestly has to do with the user causing all these issues, so you cannot blame Windows for the ignorance of the users.

The best example I can give you is, when you fresh install any version of Windows you'll find that it performs flawlessly, but within months or years people begin to experience performance degradation, and that does not happen on its own..

But for me, I still prefer Mac OS, maybe because I'm a web designer, but I really appreciate the GUI & features..

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
    AliQureshi, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  7. linke

linke Peon

Best Answers:
    i haven't used win 7 yet [​IMG]!:mad:

linke, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  8. karan.digital

karan.digital Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya i agree crashes may occur due to user actions. But the thousands of windows viruses spread all over the internet are not due to user's fault. Windows uses registry to store most information. N it is so easy and straightforward to modify registry values without any password etc that it becomes an easy target for programmers to exploit. So you are forced to buy an antivirus program and update it weekly which is not desirable.

According to a report there are about 60,000 viruses known for Windows, 40 or so for the Macintosh, about 5 for commercial Unix versions, and perhaps 40 for Linux. That proves my point. Windows falls behind other popular os's like mac and linux(ubuntu) in stability

karan.digital, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  9. cipcip

cipcip Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most people that say Windows 7 is the best, never used any other os than Microsoft's.

cipcip, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  10. bjsk2020

bjsk2020 Peon

Best Answers:
    I expect more improvements from windows 8

bjsk2020, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  11. Mithuasha

Mithuasha Banned

Best Answers:
    Windows 8 might be wonder of operating system, that are coming soon in the market. thank you for sharing huge information about this product of window.

Mithuasha, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  12. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    What are you in the dark ages? Win 8? I took windows 9 for a test drive yesterday. Fast. Microsoft is using your processor speed now. Browsers only use 10% they claim. They are harnessing all that extra untapped power.

You can download it here.

globegenius, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  13. cipcip

cipcip Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The discussion is about Windows 8, not Internet Explorer 8.

Windows 8 will be available for purchase in 2012.

cipcip, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  14. globegenius

Best Answers:
    :) I was just having a bit of fun teasing. Browsers are what most people use anyway. Win 7 OS seems plenty stable for me. I have XP pro on a couple other machines. The technology changes so fast. May as well use their new browser and integration for mobile. The future will see many changes. They are even experimenting using DNA for processing. Computers will be able to "grow" smarter one day perhaps.

15. karan.digital

karan.digital Peon

Best Answers:
    lol windows 9:D Mind showing some screenshots.. Btw windows 8 will have internet explorer 10:D Although i am not a big fan of IE..

karan.digital, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  16. globegenius

Best Answers:
    Here is one screenshot of MSN Canada home. Notice the English / French conversion we have. I have a Google toolbar displaying also. The IE 9 logo can be seen on the right. You can now "pin" websites. Simply open a new tab and then drag the site into your task bar.

IE 9.jpg

17. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    IE9 will not work in Windows8. You will have to use IE10. Not that anyone here is dumb enough to use IE at all.

drhowarddrfine, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  18. globegenius

Best Answers:
    IE 9 works fine with windows OS 7. I am using it. Pinned some sites to my task bar. I use all the major browsers. Chrome and Firefox are used most.

19. karan.digital

karan.digital Peon

Best Answers:
    sad:/ i was expecting windows 9 not IE9. I thought you really are from the future:D

karan.digital, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  20. globegenius

Best Answers:
    lol The future. I will tell you about it. All those UFO people see? Its just us coming back from the future on an ancient man tour. They want to see when people actually hand coded ancient devices. :) After we have discovered time travel of course. They do not contact us much. Just leave a few tibbits of info here and there. IMFL ;)
    Maybe I should take up sci-fi writing.