1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Windows 7 Problem PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Bing' started by SteveDarcy, Jul 7, 2010.

Ok so I got the beta of Windows 7 and have it installed on my Laptop for 90 days now.

I can't afford to buy it so I'm wondering does anyone know or can show me a link to help me downgrade back to my vista that came with the laptop.

Thanks guys

SteveDarcy, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  2. brutefeed

brutefeed Guest

Best Answers:
    Do you have the vista install discs? If not your only option is buy windows 7 or learn to use ubuntu

brutefeed, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  3. PankajKumar

PankajKumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all Vista is worse OS i have ever seen BUT if you want to revert back then you should use the recovery disk that should have come when you buy the notebook with licensed OS.

However, Ubuntu is a good Free OS and comes handy too. So if you can't afford Windows 7, then better go for Ubuntu.

PankajKumar, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  4. Jeioc

Jeioc Peon

Best Answers:
    In our country, Linux have many softwares don't match this OS....

Jeioc, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  5. Glock

Glock Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use the back up CD that came with your laptop or the back up in your laptop.

Glock, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  6. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure how you can revert back to vista. If you ever go this route again there are some free backup imaging tools available out there. What you can do with backup imagining if managed right is use programs over and over.

Before you install anything new or that has a time 30, 60, 90 day time thing is make a backup image. If you have a lot of files it can consume a lot of space keep in mind. Saving to an external usb or secondary hard drive works well.

Once you have the full backup image, then install the software or program. Use it until it expires. Once it does expire restore the backup image you made before installing the program. Then it's like it didn't even exist. You are back to the way your computer was before installing it. After restoring you can install it again and use it again for the time period.

I never tried it for something like vista and a beta win 7, but I have for other programs.

Don't use the crappy backup stuff windows comes with. It won't work very good. Use other backup imaging software out there. I used to use norton ghost for xp worked great. Lately I've been messing with macrium reflect free on windows 7 works great. There are a few other free versions out there and reasonable pay versions.

It also works great for programs you are not sure if it will mess your computer up, not sure if you really want to keep it, works good for viruses and other bugs. If you get a bug, virus or other problem and you keep good images you can simply restore.

gameutopia, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  7. Find And Shop

Find And Shop Peon

Best Answers:
    If you zip and save files you don't want to lose you can use your F12 button, it's or F12 or F8, you can find out for sure from depending on the brand of lap top you have and reset it back to factory default. This will put it back to the way you bought it. Every thing in your mail files will be ok but you have to save pic and other files on a card or disk so you don't lose them. I've done it on my Dell Before and it takes about n hour.

Find And Shop, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  8. Mike_slough

Mike_slough Peon

Best Answers:
    Window 7 not have system driver.Last week i install window 7 in my system but my system driver not auto installed.

Mike_slough, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  9. Find And Shop

Find And Shop Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a Dell. Dell has a site, as i would think they all do, were all their programs, systems and drivers are located. I had to enter info the Id's for my unit. I can reload and update any system that came with my lap top. you have to search Dell down loads Hp or what ever you have. Be sure you get "their" site. There are many out there that want to charge you or are scams.

Find And Shop, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  10. marshalprince

marshalprince Peon

Best Answers:
    Vista is not even of any worth, also you can make some changes in Window7 and that will make it faster. Also it is being said that Window7 consumes even less resources than XP if extra functionality is disabled.

marshalprince, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  11. earnincome

earnincome Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, of course you can revert it back. Do you have the backup disc? If you have it, i am sure, you can downgrade from windows 7 to windows vista.

earnincome, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  12. hatem20

hatem20 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do anything except installing WinVista as it's the worst OS which had been made by Microsoft!

hatem20, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  13. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Contact the comapany that made your computer (HP, Dell, etc.)

Ask for Vista restore disks, I am pretty sure they cost around $10.

Another option, is to bring it to a computer store and get them to do it, or call one and explain the situation and ask if they sell/give vista restore disks.

bk871, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  14. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    manofwar, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  15. rajkinng

rajkinng Peon

Best Answers:
    It not possible. The Microsoft os only supports upgrades, Not supports for degrades.

If you have you are vista recovery Cd, try to recover you r vista. other wise try to format and install newly with vista.

new installation is best solution, for this issue.

rajkinng, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  16. ebuk

ebuk Peon

Best Answers:
    U can remove WAT from win 7 and use for life.

ebuk, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  17. Spect3r

Spect3r Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have the system restore folder of the Vista still in your laptop?

But why dont u just get a complete version of Win 7? Is way way better than Vista :p

Spect3r, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  18. BSMedia

BSMedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're going to have to reformat your drive and find install discs for vista. I'm not sure a recovery disc is going to do the trick for you.

BSMedia, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  19. vr_1125

vr_1125 Peon

Best Answers:
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Why would you want to go backwards? Especially to Vista? ::scratches head::

You will need the Windows Vista Re-install Cd. I'm surprised you didnt make sure you had this before installing the Beta version as it would eventually expire.

vr_1125, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  20. fastboy42

fastboy42 Member

Best Answers:
    Earn the money and pay for it....
    Why'd you install it in the first place if you couldn't afford it?

fastboy42, Jul 15, 2010 IP