1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will you be buying a .site domain name?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by sarahk, Nov 19, 2021.

I just saw a promo email from Namecheap to get a free .site domain with a wee contest to get other goodies. ref: hxxps://start.site/

I've entered, because who doesn't love freebies, but when I sent to get the freebie I saw the regular price is US$162!

Now that's nothing if you have a solid business plan - it's an hour or two of a programmers time - but I think it's a bit much for a domain bought on a whim!

sarahk, Nov 19, 2021 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Nope. We've been brainwashed whether we like it or not that you get .com to run a business, .net for networking, hosting, etc. and .org if you're nonprofit. Everything else seems out of place.
    Maybe it's just me but visually, for example, sarahksite.com get a higher trust level for me than sarahk.site
    Now, I realize that other countries have their own extensions and maybe you're not impacted the same way since you're used to seeing .com.au or .co.nz

qwikad.com, Nov 20, 2021 IP
  3. egoldzone

egoldzone Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I use several .site domain name
    Because it easy to get good and short name

egoldzone, Nov 20, 2021 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That possibly depends on technical literacy. I can watch my husband go from page to page and not notice he's changed sites, not look at a URL before clicking in emails etc . Others are the same. The only time I've had problems with different domain extensions were when I've had to read them out to someone - over the phone, or to get them to enter in my details.

That said, I'm not putting time and money into a .site website that I'm not fully committed to if, after a year, it's going to sting me $162

sarahk, Nov 20, 2021 IP
  5. samazgor

samazgor Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I personally like .com no matter how long my domain is.

samazgor, Nov 22, 2021 IP
  6. Andrzej Wilczynski

Andrzej Wilczynski Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a big fan of other domains. .com, .net, .org., work well. As located in Canada I also use frequently if not exclusively .ca. I made exception only once and bought the domain with .website, but have no clue what to do with that yet. The only reason I bought it was to have something short, namely "ncd.website".

Andrzej Wilczynski, Nov 29, 2021 IP
  7. UpgradeIT.ro

UpgradeIT.ro Member

Best Answers:
    As our colleagues say above, if you want to do a serious project, I would only go for .com or .net domains, it inspires more trust for clients, visitors and search engines.

UpgradeIT.ro, Nov 30, 2021 IP
  8. kolorowanka

kolorowanka Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with the previous answer. It is best to choose first-level .com domains

kolorowanka, Dec 1, 2021 IP