1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will yahoo get dissolved till 2015??

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by RajeGera, Aug 7, 2012.

Yahoo's 2012 revenu is just 10% of what was in 2000.Yahoo has definitely misread the mail and messenger market oppurtunities.Till when yahoo can sustain its presence?

RajeGera, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  2. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A very stupid question how can any one predict what is going to happen revenue wise just after a new CEO has been installed.

Mega B, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  3. RajeGera

RajeGera Peon

Best Answers:
    Every business is a growth business.Apart from revenue what else is the most important measure to rank the company?Is it CEO??

RajeGera, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  4. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo will readjust and I think they will find new ways to bring in revenue and survive.

danasurvey, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  5. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    For last few years, the situation of Yahoo is going to even worse situation. Continuously they are losing market share to Google. They have already give power to bing for their search engine. But, hope, Yahoo will return in the main game again within very short period of time.

rubeljoy, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  6. berry3065

berry3065 Peon

Best Answers:
    a very stupid question.If you think so then you must provide some logic for this

berry3065, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  7. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yes they have given up on search engine in exchange for some money, and the most stupid of all is their adsense competitor, the YPN which they have kept in beta for 3 years only for US/CA and then what? Instead of expending it to the world, they closed it. Stupid people deserve to fail and that's what they're doing, slowly but surely..
    I guess they'll be bought for $500,000 like DIGG..

JamesColin, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  8. netproint

netproint Peon

Best Answers:
    [Yahoo + Bing + Live + MS] : Google = 10 : 100

Yahoo is well known to acquire services and then fail them and then finally either sell them or shutdown. MS is so arrogant, ignorant and stubborn just like their stupid IE. Yahoo + MS (Bing) is unstable, stupid results, no value to webmasters.

Even if by 2015 Yahoo/MS/Bing survived, their market share will be so less that they will be close to extinction IMO.

MS has survived till date because of their OS - Windows. But Android is in the market to kick them out of biz soon. In the coming years, many will switch over from bulky desktops/laptops to handheld devices like tablets, netbooks, etc.

Even today, if you are to buy a tablet or a cell phone and you are given the option of choosing Android or Windows, what will you choose? IMO, more than 90% will choose Android. Why? More stable, belongs to a company [Google] that listens to the needs of users. Always adding features that makes life easier unlike stubborn MS.

We already see that IE's market share is dipping down. More and more people are using browsers that make some sense unlike IE which is a BIG pain in the booty.

To me, Yahoo/MS/Bing have already failed in every aspect of the eWorld and they are close to extinction.

netproint, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  9. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No one know what will happen in future, it really depends how good yahoo able to perform in future
    Apple was one of the top previously and going down badly, they are doing a great job on creating iphone which bring them back to the top again

lifeplayer, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  10. mightyg98

mightyg98 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. Yahoo will do something and will get the revenue back definitely. We cannot say anything so surely so we can't tell that it will be dissolved until 2015. It could happen that yahoo will be the best. No one can predict that what is the future going to be.

mightyg98, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  11. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google will have a monopoly, just as Microsoft in most fields, if Yahoo shuts down/disappears etc...

I don't see why/how Yahoo and MSN/Bing went so deep down. They used to be quite popular even back in 2005... Some of the best rankings and thus, best ROIs I managed with the MSN Search system...

Perhaps Yahoo and Bing should merge?

They could call it? "Bi-Hoo", "Ying" or "Yang" :p

I was surprised that since AdSense appeared, none of the two could come up with a powerful, competitive contextual advertising service. So nothing rivals AdSense and Google will grow, grow, grow... Total monopoly.

Mr.Dog, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  12. Digital_lover

Digital_lover Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah...I am agree with rubeljoy.

Digital_lover, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  13. josefaryan

josefaryan Member

Best Answers:
    I think Yahoo is not more developed from lost few years so there the users are reduced to it but i think it will get back to its position by few changes to it.

josefaryan, Sep 13, 2012 IP