1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will work for Adsense space??

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by tbarr60, Apr 1, 2005.

I looked through terms of service and it looks like I can put Adsense on whatever site I have rights to put ads on. What if I buy rights (buy the ad space) on a site or what if I offer to maintain a site for a little bit of the page, am I still within TOS?

I think maintaining a site would fall under what Google mentions it their comments about transfering ownership or management. I have not intent to buy space on other sites to display my Adsense but I am curious as to how it might be viewed by this community.

tbarr60, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  2. hdwills

hdwills Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess thats ok if you are not explicitly violating any points in their TOS.

hdwills, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  3. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    So long as you have consent by the owner of the site, I would think it would be ok. I remember a thread on here awhile ago where someone had a business deal where they had adsense on a site as part of payment.

wendydettmer, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  4. gbaryah

gbaryah Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a clever idea. I might give this a try.

gbaryah, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  5. admans

admans Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm interesting mate...i would try it out for sure...

admans, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  6. Eric Giguere

Eric Giguere Peon

Best Answers:
    There's no prohibition against it in the TOS. In fact, all the TOS says is that two different publishers can't put ads up on the same page without first getting Google's permission. (Don't forget that this forum is already doing the same kind of thing.)

Eric Giguere, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  7. randymorin

randymorin Peon

Best Answers:
    Many people are already doing this. For instance, one of the smaller search engines is providing their results to other Websites in exchange for Adsense impressions on the client sites.

randymorin, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  8. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I assume you are doing this on someones site that doesn't know about AdSense or is banned and can't use it themself.

The danger is, because you don't have control over the site, they can put up other contextual ads (even if by accident) and have you violating the TOS in no time.

Personally I would never put the fate of my AdSense account in someone elses hands.

yfs1, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  9. bigcrags

bigcrags Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd thought about doing this as well for clients who weren't able to pay for web design work, but the danger I could see was that the site owner might start clicking on the ads on his own site on a regular basis to help boost your income not realising that they may be generating invalid clicks on your account. I decided against it.

bigcrags, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  10. Forcefield

Forcefield Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree 100%...

It's risky business getting involved with someone, whom you know nothing about.

Forcefield, Oct 5, 2005 IP