1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will White America Accept Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Boogie Nights, Jun 4, 2008.

1. elrhino7

elrhino7 Guest

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with you. The color of a person's skin is not the basis of what he is.

elrhino7, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Agreed.. I just wish Obama would come to that realization.

Mia, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  3. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Those quotes have already shown to be taken out of context. What basis to do you have for this ?

webwork, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The same as Ralph Nader

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/25/nader.obama/index.html

Mia, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  5. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    LOL when I first heard about this I laughed.

That's just some ridiculous jabber coming from someone trying to drum up media controversy.

Do you even read the quotes you post? Surely you can do way better.

Thanks for those wonderful black political stereotypes, Nader.

What a complete chode.

webwork, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    So did I. It was one of those, NO SHIT kinda laughs where I was like, duh... Everyone and his brother has known this to be true for some time now. Finally someone has the balls to say it... Yep, LOL for sure!

Gee, that's just what Obama said. Sheep following the herd.

Actually I read the entire article and opinions at several of the various liberal moonbat recreation centers I frequent on a daily basis.

Aside from other points towards the end of the story, what I quoted is pretty much about as accurate of an analysis of Obama and his supporters as I have seen without saying it myself.

Err, its the other way around man. Nader just points out the obvious. He did not play the card. He just pointed out how its been and being played.

For a fat penis, Nader pretty much hits the nail on the proverbial head here.

Mia, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  7. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    So basically he's saying Obama should be most concerned with poverty in America because he's black.

I like how Nader addresses all the issues Obama should be concered about - what do all of these issues have in common? They are the issues of the GHETTO. And Obama should be concerned with the GHETTO because he's BLACK.

Black man + Ghetto issues = Thats normal.

Black Man + "White Issues" (WTF is "talking white" or "white issues" anyways?????) = OMG red flag I think we've found a spy! A wolf in sheeps clothing trying to deceive us!

Nice subtle racism.

Any normal person would look at this and realize that it's completely retarded. No other candidate should be trying to dictate what another candidates top issue should be because of the color of his skin.

Obama should be concerned with the issues of the NATION AS A WHOLE - not just the ghetto (aka "black issues").

What are you so afraid of?

The country being overtaken by a supposed closet Black Panther member? You realize if Obama gets elected into the white house he's going to bring hell and mayhem upon all white people in America, right?

But you still haven't shown me much of anything that shows Obama is a racist. This article didn't relate to that in anyway. It only showed the silly words of a candidate that's digging his own grave and burying himself.

webwork, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  8. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    He pretty much started his public career by working to help people in the inner cities.
    What Nader said really isn't a secret amongst political strategists. Obama doesn't really want to be seen as the "black candidate", well not overtly anyway. That's why Bill Clinton tried to conflate Obama's campaign with Jesse Jackson's in the South Carolina primary, but Obama didn't fall for it. Obama has a thin line to walk and so far I think he's walked it perfectly, from a strategic point of view.

LogicFlux, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  9. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Uh, Webwork...

Jeremy (Mia) has for months been shouting to the unfeeling sky that Obama is a Muslim terrorist plant/black nationalist-racist/traitor and so forth.

Nader comes out with what is definitely dementia, vile bigotry, or both; in essence, that Obama "doesn't behave black enough," and "doesn't concern himself with black issues," enough, and Mia is all of a sudden dancing a jig,

Forgetting what should be patently obvious, that one cannot be a black racist and a guy who isn't "black enough" at the same time.

Not that it matters to Mia, or those who think like him. Nothing will, because an Obama presidency, for reasons having nothing to do with his policy positions, is just not something Mia can handle.

northpointaiki, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  10. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Nader's point is that Obama is just another calculating politician, and I think he's right. I think Bill Oreilly was right when he said that Obama joining the militant trinity church was a political calculation when running as a politician from Chicago and distancing himself from the church is a calculation when running for President.
    If Nader understood that it takes calculation sometimes over principles in order to win then he wouldn't be a perennial losing candidate.

LogicFlux, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  11. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    webwork, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  12. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with you in part, that this is Nader's point, but only in part as well. Behind this, I see something a bit more nefarious by Nader's comments:

I see here some of what was said at the beginning of Obama's candidacy, that he wasn't "black enough" to win the black vote. which, I have to admit, just makes my skin crawl. I thought his wife answered the charge well - she said the notion was just "silly."

And it is. About as silly as the above smears that have gone on for months, now, on this forum. Obama isn't Muslim (not that it should matter if he were), he isn't a terrorist plant; he isn't a black nationalist; he isn't a traitor. As the New Yorker characterized him in its latest issue:

This is about my read as well, if you dig a bit deeper than whatever salacious news cycle feed is going on at the moment.

northpointaiki, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  13. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Obama was raised in a muslim country not the ghetto.

Obama is not of African-American descent. His father was African and a citizen of Kenya.

bogart, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  14. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Nader needs to see a shrink about his "white guilt" and Obama has already said everything he is going to say about race in this campaign.

earthfaze, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  15. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Of course we will accept him. It's his views and values that matter, not his color. So what if his middle name is Hussein. It's just a name. Also, I feel he should be in cause he has a good education, doesn't belong to the skull and cross bones organization, and helps out in his community. Good qualities to me :) Still don't know why most presidents were a part of that dumb organization.

Stroh, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  16. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Obama is either going to win the election or loose. Should he win the country will accept him.

bogart, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  17. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    No white guilt here
    [​IMG]

homebizseo, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  18. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is such a thing as a "guilt" vote.

If there was, Hillary would have got the nomination with that fake crying she was trying out for a second there.

webwork, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    He was born in Hawaii, to his father, a Kenyan, and his mother, a woman from Kansas. His mom remarried an Indonesian, and the family moved to Indonesia, until he was 10, at which time he moved back to live with his mom's parents, in Hawaii.

How is he not literally African-American?

northpointaiki, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  20. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    The guy is white.

He is an Obama supporter.

This means it must be "white guilt" at play, and not just a guy keyed about Obama's candidacy?

What if the plate had said "Clinton" or "McCain" or "Ron Paul" or any number of other candidates, what would have been at play in those circumstances?

Is it impossible for anything other than "white guilt" to be driving the likely next presidency of the United States?

northpointaiki, Jun 27, 2008 IP