1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will White America Accept Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Boogie Nights, Jun 4, 2008.

Polls notwithstanding, do you really think white Americans will vote for Obama even though he belongs to a church of black racists?

Boogie Nights, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  2. brownkiwi

brownkiwi Banned

Best Answers:
    As long as he stands for hope and change the he sure will be accepted.

And his racist church and whanot will be fine since he is a democrat. A republican would be destroyed if he was in something like that.

brownkiwi, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  3. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

I'm a white member of America and I more than accept Barack Obama. I donate money to his campaign and do my best (which isn't that good unfortunately) to raise money for him as well.

RE: his church of "black racists." BS. His former church has members of all races which is more than I can say for most white churches, (including the church I went to growing up which only had white members although that's because that area was predominantly white.) Furthermore he is no longer a member of that church. And most importantly what church he is a or is not a member of has absolutely no place in this discussion. It's a desperate smear attempt. Obama is a former member of TUCC just as Oprah Winfrey is. Big whoop. It's a church with 10,000 members - it's not some fringe weirdo church. You are just unfamiliar with how black churches operate - which is exactly why it is so amusing (or so sad, depending on your viewpoint) that folks keep calling the church "racist." It's in fact *REAL* racists that are calling the church racist.

The GOP wants to do anything to get this election off the issues and the fact that John McCain represents 4 more years of George W. Bush.

If this mudslinging about his church is the best you guys can come up with... Well I don't think we're buying it this time around. America will not vote for another warmongering neocon (John McCain.)

Zibblu, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  4. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    White America, racist church,………what does this have to do with the election. If people think that we should have turned a blind eye to 9/11 they should not be in this country. A lot of blood has spilled defending our freedom.

homebizseo, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  5. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obama being nominated is historical from the perspective of the history of race relations within the US. While it may not seem as a big deal to some who are younger, others see it as an astonishing step forward.

I suspect Obama will lose some voters because he is African American. In fact I know of one who will definitely not vote for him and who acknowledges that is a large part of the reason. Nobody knows how many voters he will lose. Polls seem to regularly miss this issue. It suggests that voters and poll responders don't answer questions about race honestly.

Those that continue to bring up the Church issue weren't going to vote for him anyway. After struggling with the issue Obama quit the church and renounced prior connections with the minister. He moved forward on the issue.

earlpearl, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  6. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I believe the level of education play a big role too. White people living in big city should be more open to a black president than those living in a trailer park

ahkip, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  7. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Without support from a wide spectrum of Democrat voters, I doubt Obama could have beaten Clinton. The fact that he had made it that far shows that he is more than accepted.

wisdomtool, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  8. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    America cannot afford another 4 years of BS. Obama is the only option. Are they ready? we'll see...In deep south and heartland, education is so low that they might go for another 4 years of BS. They have plenty of squirrels to fry....

Codythebest, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  9. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't accept him because him, his wife, and his "spiritual advisor" are anti-american and anti-white racists.
    McCain blows, Obama blows harder.

Again we have the "lesser of two evils" thing going on...

ly2, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  10. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So what do you think he will do to US if he is president? Slash all the benefit for White people and try to drive the economy further down?

ahkip, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  11. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Educated and reasonable people mostly don't care to what church he belongs, they only need to take into account his abilities.

lightless, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  12. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The bigger picture is the world and getting this guy in as President will have a very negative impact on the international political scene
    And with gas heading to the 200$ a barrel price during the next presidency period, there in lies one massive problem that will not be able to be sorted by this guy
    The prospects are gloomy with the clowns that are running in the West
    Especially as Putin just goes from strength to strength while running Russia from behind the scenes
    Frankly McCain, Obama, Brown, Sarkozy, either individually or collectively are to put it mildly
    Not up to the mark
    China, Russia and the Middle East will continue to f**k with these guys

britishguy, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  13. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    like if shrub has done anything that has not helped them. the main thing is that the Neocons have no way to get back anywhere in the govt. they have proven that they are incompetent

pizzaman, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  14. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah he just beat the Clinton machine. The toughest political family and political machine in modern history. Even when they lost they still refused to lose :D

So yeah that fact alone proves he can get the white vote. In the end it's going to come down to whether or not people are stupid enough to let racism keep them from voting for who they think has the best intentions of this country at heart OR who they think has the best plan for this country.

In my honest opinion racism has weakened so much that I just don't think it's that powerful anymore. We literally LOL at racists in our society today. And to be real about this, you can bash the U.S. all you want on our race issues but the reality is America is the best place for a black person to live in terms of racial equality. I'm half latino and I happen to know that blacks in places like Puerto Rico and Brazil are treated like SHIT. Second class citizens. And this is 2008!

GeorgeB., Jun 5, 2008 IP
  15. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    He seems to be doing a good job of taking black issues out of the equation.

dcristo, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  16. tribulus

tribulus Peon

Best Answers:
    No he's not a racist. He just attended a church in which the "pastor" was Rev Wright who just happened to attend for over 20 years (until a few weeks ago) marry him and his wife and "baptize" their child.

Besides inflammatory anti-American (they called in anti-establishment in the drug ridden 60’s) comments, Wright is also invoked racism into his sermons by blaming the "white" US government for starting aids, promoting drug abuse, building prisons, passing laws and etc to destroy blacks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwQWuQVE6sw
    Mr. Obama originally said that this was not controversial but, like a typical politician changed his mind when his political numbers started to fall. For someone who says they promote political change & American unity of all races, this is hypocritical. Either he is too racist to be president or too dumb for not picking up on these things.
    In addition to racism, Wright and by implementation, Obama support anti-Americanism with leftist viewpoints on 9-11 by blaming an unprovoked attack on his own countries citizens. This is the same type of thought that would support the slaughter of innocent people by the likes of Timothy McVeigh but only if he were white.
    None of the smooth talking BS scripted speeches can overcome these facts for Americans who are not tools to deceitful words. With very little political, business, and international experience and a track record of blatant lies on his positions, who will vote for Barrack Hussein Obama?

tribulus, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  17. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The issues you covered have been debated here many times. Overall, i think he has many good qualities.
    As to who will vote for him, you just have to wait a bit ......

lightless, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  18. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Let me ask you a serious question now that we've all stopped laughing at your tirade....

Do you honestly think Barack is a racist? He hates his mother and grandma and the first thing he's going to do after being sworn in is scream "fuck whitey!!"?

If you do believe that, please contact me via PM. I'm doing a paper on inbreeding and its effects on IQ.

GeorgeB., Jun 5, 2008 IP
  19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    So far, somewhere around 13 million Americans. Probably can add 1 or two around November. :D

northpointaiki, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  20. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's actually 18 million. :D + the apparent 50% of Hillary supporters that have already started saying they will vote for Obama now that he is the nominee.

GeorgeB., Jun 5, 2008 IP