1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Twitter beat Facebook?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by lonew, May 29, 2010.

1. nase

nase Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say no. Because Facebook is way ahead in the online identity game. Twitter will always be a playground for people who are media types and follow celebs. Facebook lets people share photos n whatnot of their grandkids. Middle Hickville America can embrace Facebook without even knowing what Twitter is.

nase, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  2. glutengirl

glutengirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla, I agree. Totally different arenas. Twitter is more for information sharing. Facebook is definitely stronger in the networking area. It's best to use both at the same time. They compliment each other.

glutengirl, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  3. bhavyat

bhavyat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's like comparing Linux and Windows for similar functionality. Both are different platforms. I'm using both at the same time. But getting good result by combining both of them. My suggestion would be to promote your FB in twitter and twitter in FB to get more followers/friends when you dont have a product/service to promote.

bhavyat, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  4. aeroz1

aeroz1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There once was a time when our Facebook friends wanted nothing to do with our Twitter updates. Now that Twitter is growing at an astounding rate and rounding the mainstream bend, more of our Facebook friends have developed a fancy for Twitter themselves, and it’s becoming commonplace to highlight our tweets on our Facebook walls.

aeroz1, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  5. seoshel

seoshel Peon

Best Answers:
    oh i dont think so Facebook has different and cool features as compare to twitter
    we can easily promote our pages and create a fan pages and increase fan following and promote our business

seoshel, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  6. neerajseo

neerajseo Peon

Best Answers:
    how can you say that twitter beat face-book because both are different -2 benefit if we will use......while facebook provides lot of feature for making a fun and entertainment.......

neerajseo, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  7. patrickcurl

patrickcurl Active Member

Best Answers:
    In order for twitter to beat facebook - twitter would also have to beat Google -since facebook gets more traffic than google most weeks. I'd say it's a slim shot, not to mention that people spend 7 hours avg per month on facebook compared with 2-3 hours on google, 2-3 on youtube and 1.75 on twitter.

patrickcurl, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  8. clbyodo

clbyodo Peon

Best Answers:
    No,Twitter cannot beat Facebook as Facebook is more popular than Twitter.

clbyodo, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  9. akl26

akl26 Member

Best Answers:
    Apples to Oranges comparison. I think the "Big Three" of Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter all serve completely different needs now. Facebook is for back and forth communication, while Twitter is a news aggregator for most people. Just look at how many people who are Twitter members who have only made 10 or 20 Tweets, total, since they joined. They are there for news, for entertainment, to find out what Shaq or Mariah Carey or Jon Stewart have to say. They are just "listening in" for the most part. And LinkedIn is all about business, not just an online resume anymore, but THE forum for all business-related topics and conversations. I think these 3 can exist quite comfortably together for some time. The odd man out? Google...

akl26, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  10. lonew

lonew Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter is growing very fast and it might beat facebook.

lonew, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  11. naciketas

naciketas Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me both are equally good. Facebook has certain unique functions and twitter too has some unique functions.

naciketas, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  12. nirav5300

nirav5300 Guest

Best Answers:
    i dont think so bcz facebook has recently crossed the highest views in the net world

nirav5300, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  13. musichangout.com

musichangout.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both are widely using social networking sites, But my vote goes to Facebook , due to its cool applications :).

musichangout.com, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  14. zososniper

zososniper Peon

Best Answers:
    Will Twitter beat FB? Absolutely not!...Twitter is almost overbearing with the constant state of "Crap" tweets" you get on a daily basis. Almost impossible to go thru them all. At least on FB you can post so much different types of information right there on your wall. FB to me is more personable, meaning it's selling possibilities are greater. Twitter? More of a pain than anything IMO.

zososniper, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  15. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the question dont make sense. its a bit like asking, " will dell beat linux" they do 2 sparate things

ronmac, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  16. Mitchell Abdullah

Mitchell Abdullah Active Member

Best Answers:
    If twitter doesn't come up with some new cool thing they are going to go bye bye very soon.

Mitchell Abdullah, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  17. WindowToYourMotives

WindowToYourMotives Peon

Best Answers:
    You watch. A new website will come out that will beat Twitter, Facebook, AND Myspace. Myspace is already slowly losing the race, and if you recall, it was THE HYPE for several years.

Now that people are aware that networking sites sell, they're going to come up with ways to broaden the spectrum that the others have already created.

WindowToYourMotives, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  18. abhishekmass

abhishekmass Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    we cant say any thing coz both have different concepts so both are equal and same
    So we cant dat Twitter beat Facebook.

abhishekmass, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  19. vfoster

vfoster Peon

Best Answers:
    i thought that twitter is better than facebook since most companies use it. personally, i prefer facebook. you could do tons of stuff there. i feel bored using twitter.

vfoster, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  20. scifiguy_rc

scifiguy_rc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cats Vs Dogs?

Who is going to beat down whom. No clue! No answer ! None required actually.
    Both Rule!

scifiguy_rc, Jul 5, 2010 IP