1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will this work? Need help verifying Facebook audience segmentation strategy.

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Anthony_f, Sep 9, 2016.

I'm testing a new top-of-the-funnel ad campaign on Facebook, but want to retarget the audience separately from organic users that come to my site.

Last time I ran a top-of-the-funnel campaign, I drove lots of traffic to the site but noticed my retargeting campaigns started doing poorly—they had high CPC and a low conversion rate. I want to keep the top-of-the-funnel audience separate, because my suspicion is they convert at a lower rate and are therefore more expensive to retarget.

I need to know if my targeting/exclusion strategy is going to work. Here's how I have it set up:

The top funnel audience is targeted in 1 ad set that:
    • INCLUDES people who visited "promo landing page URL" in last 30 days.

Organic users are retargeted in 1 ad set that:
    • INCLUDES website visitors from the past 30 days, as well as anyone who visited product pages.
    • EXCLUDES anyone who visited "promo landing page URL" in last 30 days.

This way people from the top funnel campaign can be targeted who have reached the bottom-of-the-funnel targeting criteria, i.e. visited product pages, but will NOT be targeted in the Organic ad set, because that set EXCLUDES people from the top funnel campaign, who visited the promo landing page URL.

Do I have this set up correctly? I would love to hear your feedback!

Thank you!

Anthony_f, Sep 9, 2016 IP