1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will this un-related content stop

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by grusomhat, Apr 18, 2007.

I am in the midst of creating a new hopefully unique website. When I take a look at it the adsense ads are about nits and head problems mainly. Also lots of medical ads.

I have worked out the cause of this is that the content of the page is about Itchy and Scratchy the cartoon from The Simpsons. I have other content in the page too with keywords like cartoon and The simpsons but still I get the same ads.

Is this something that will correct itself as the site is developed more? As this is really bad.

grusomhat, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  2. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Try using a filter to block these types of ads. This happened to my new site before and it took 3 WEEKS to get relevant ad to start showing up..

8everything, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  3. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As you add more content to your site, and the Mediabot indexes it better, you'll have more relevant ads

frankcow, Apr 18, 2007 IP
    grusomhat likes this.
  4. grusomhat

grusomhat Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I will keep adding content and if I don't see an improvement then I will take 8everything's suggestion and set up a filter.

grusomhat, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  5. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if it's a new site, give time to give google adsensebot to crawl your site. on the otherwise you can block the un-related with with competitive ads filter

trichnosis, Apr 18, 2007 IP