1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will this affect SEO in bad way?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Karl Karrlander, Jan 29, 2015.

Hi there,

I am currently thinking about starting a tech website. The only difference from the other major tech sites out there is that mine will basically have links to the other major, authority sites.

The menu system is divided into computers, mobile phones, tablets and programming as mega menus with drop downs. Within each category there will be sub-categories. Within these sub-categories are the links. So if you click on computers - hardware - graphic cards, you'll get a list of relevant links to articles and videos on the topic of graphic cards.

Each link will have a short summary regarding the content of the link. So it won't just be a big list per page with links, they will have descriptions and explanations as well.

I will also include a blog on the website so that I can publish my own content, just because I like to write about tech.

The purpose of this website is to gather a large amount of relative tech-related topics and online sources in one place, so you don't have to spend time searching on Google.

When I just think about the idea, it seem good enough, but after having a closer inspection I've noticed that this may cause a problem with a SEO and pageranking because I will have so many outbound links... And hey, maybe people don't even want such a site, who knows?

Anyway, my main question is regarding the SEO side of the website!

Thank you,

-Karl

Karl Karrlander, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In SEO perspective, having numerous outbound links from other major authority sites will not benefit your main website but will favor to your targeted users. If you want to established your main site provide your own content within each site page and this will be use for other reference from the pages. Which means instead of outbound links from other authority sites you will use your own pages to refer as a guidelines for your targeted audience.

KylieSweet, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I think this might boost your rankings because you are not linking to bogus sites, but authorities in the subject.
    Plus because of the description you would have a lot of keywords on each page, again helping in SEO.

People may or may not find it useful, I don't know. But a few years back I had a similar website on a different niche and google loved it. All the traffic came from google. I did nothing for promotion...
    The adsense earnings were $10 per day.

Good luck with the project

JEET, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  4. Bahadur Hussain

Bahadur Hussain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you're linking the authority sites then you don't have to worry about it, I think it's a great idea and you don't have to worry about the SEO side of things. You'll have the keywords in description, build up people's trust in your site by providing quality content and your traffic will convert. Good luck mate.

Bahadur Hussain, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  5. Karl Karrlander

Karl Karrlander Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your replies! Been looking into the matter very closely and since I'm going to add content of my own together with the links to the authority sites and in my blog section then Google should pick it up as a quality website.

Karl Karrlander, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  6. link.sudipto

link.sudipto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Search Engine asses many factors such as trustworthiness, popularity, content relevancy, anchor text uses and amount of links in a page to determine the value of external links Therefore you have to remember these factors in mind when putting external links on your site.

link.sudipto, Mar 3, 2015 IP