1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will the sites name increase probability of moving to the top quicker

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Clubtitan.org, Nov 24, 2004.

I own www.clubtitan.org and www.clubarmada.com yahoo is moving my sites up quickly to the top for the search words that I am targeting. Google on the other hand is slow. If I were to buy the site www.nissantitanforums.com would that move me up quicker when people search for the terms "Nissan Titan Forums" on goole search?
    I went ahead and purchased it and I will point it to www.clubtitan.org Do you think this will move www.nissantitanforums.com to the top quicker when people make that search because it has the search words in the actual name of the site.

Clubtitan.org, Nov 24, 2004 IP
  2. navneet

navneet Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen that KWs in url help, but if you use multiple domain you should only promote 1 one as google will not spider the others for duplicate content.

navneet, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No. It would only help if someone typed "nissantitanforums". If you want it to rank for "Nissan Titan Forums", purchase www.nissan-titan-forums.com but first ask yourself if that's the best way to do it -- how many people will mistype a URL like that? could you not get a lot more mileage out of using "Nissan Titan Forums" as anchor text in your backlinks?

I saved this from another forum post somewhere, maybe even here at DigitalPoint:

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum3/23371.htm

minstrel, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  4. janecompersnews

janecompersnews Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have the right URL is only a tiny part of 'on page SEO'. It will give you very little benefit in Google if any. Where it WILL help of course, is that you can get webmaster to link to your site with the anchor text you want :D and it's the anchor text links to your site that play a major part in ranking.

Jane

janecompersnews, Dec 3, 2004 IP