1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will the Right Wing Continue to Attack and Condemn the Rights of American Women

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by earlpearl, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Rob: so now that Maher has quadrupled down on his position, can we expect to see Media Matters taking out full page ads asking his sponsors to abandon him for his misogyny, or perhaps ads asking the president's 501(c)(4) super pac anonymous money pit to give Maher's million dollars back?

Obamanation, Mar 23, 2012 IP
  2. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, not a prayer. Maher is an asshole, but he's being an honest asshole. There is no universal right to not be offended by others.

On the dishonest asshole side... if the president and Media Matters believe the fertilizer they're spreading, Mahers donation would be returned and Media Matters would be demanding his head be served on a platter of parsley. That isnt happening, cause they dont give a rats petoot about the subject they so angrily decry, their purpose in life is to silence the opposition, not protect women.

robjones, Mar 23, 2012 IP
  3. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Democrat strategist and Obama mouthpiece Hilary Rosen was quoted today speaking of Ann Romney, "His wife has actually never worked a day in her life.".

Let this be a message to you other illegitimate stay at home moms who spend all your time raising your kids. You don't know jack about women's needs. It might even be safe to say you aren't real women, just some cheap sell outs. If you were worth a cr@p, you'd be working a 9-5 job like the rest of the real people, not staying at home, relaxing and loafing while you raise 5 kids. Fact of the matter is, you'd probably never really cut it in the real world, so maybe its best you sit around the house and watch soap operas, which is fine, so long as you keep your mouth shut and know your place when it comes to politics.

For the rest of you real women, the DNC would like to remind you that the Republican party hates you, but we think of you as something more than a demographic group. Remember, we're the ones with the free contraception.

Cheers.

Obamanation, Apr 11, 2012 IP
  4. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. What a slacker.

robjones, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  5. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And the stupidity continues .. Kerry's wife said the same thing about Laura bush ...

But they must get a pass because their women, right ?

Ridiculous ... Lol

grpaul, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  6. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I gotta give Obama credit. He could pit any two groups of people against each other if it suited his political needs. Now we have stay at home moms vs working women. I guess the war on women is now a civil war.

Obamanation, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  7. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Rosen just had to swallow her pride and apologize. Oops. Guess that attack didn't fly.

Before her apology she'd doubled down on the criticism several times, so basically the "apology" was something she was TOLD to do, not a change of heart.

Funny part is she's a serious Obama insider. She's been to the White House 36 times during the Obama admin. We have troops on the ground in two war zones, but General Petraus has been to the White House 9 times in the same period. She got her hand slapped by the Obama handlers for screwing up their attempt to pit women against the GOP.

Incidentally, anyone else hear the report that women avg a paygrade 18% less than men in the Obama White House? Big O needs to pick his battles better. His own people are inside the glass house tossing rocks.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  8. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like Obama came out and said something about it too .. Lol

Pretty dumb to speak negatively about it in the first place . But it's typical. :)

grpaul, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  9. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Like O'Nation said... their forte is setting people against each other. They're pretty damned tone deaf if they couldnt figure out this was a road they didnt want to travel. Now the White house is saying they just arent sure the Hillary Rosen that visited the WH 36 times is the same Hillary Rosen. Gawd... these guys are idiots.

10. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    To put that in perspective, David Petreaus, the top general in charge of Afghanistan and previously Iraq, has been to the White House 8 times in the same period of time. She may not hold the title, but I doubt there is any subject she puts out on national television that is not directly coordinated with the Obama campaign. Even the apology, did you catch it?

"Let's put the faux "war against stay at home moms" to rest once and for all. As a mom I know that raising children is the hardest job there is. As a pundit, I know my words on CNN last night were poorly chosen. In response to Mitt Romney on the campaign trail referring to his wife as a better person to answer questions about women than he is, I was discussing his lack of a record on the plight of women's financial struggles. Here is my more fulsome view of the issues. As a partner in a firm full of women who work outside of the home as well as stay at home mothers, all with plenty of children, gender equality is not a talking point for me. It is an issue I live every day. I apologize to Ann Romney and anyone else who was offended. Let's declare peace in this phony war and go back to focus on the substance."

So accusing stay at home mothers of never having worked a day in their life is something manufactured by the other side? Gee, I was under the impression those words came directly from her lips.

The video isn't out yet, but just this morning, Chuck Todd did a 90 second segment on manufacturing crisis and Hilary Rosen's statement. He basically ran down the Nixon/checkers statement, and two other Republicans he felt had manufactured crisis in the past and then reiterated Hilary's "Apologetic" call to change the topic from this "manufactured" crisis. Chuck Todd, supposedly straight news guy (not opinion), yet his talking points match Hilary Rosens, who obviously matches Obama's. Its like one voice speaking through a myriad of mouths.

Obama's statement was better crafted but equally disgusting., While clearly stating that Rosen's attack on Ann Romney for being a stay at home mom was ill advised, he doubled down by saying regarding Michelle Obama, "“We didn’t have the luxury for her not to work”. This, mind you, while the Obama's were pulling down $479,000 a year. Oh the hardship. I know more than a few families who make 80k a year and have the mom stay at home because kids without parents to raise them usually become wards of the state.

Another little gem in Rosen's "apology" was the clarification that Ann would make a poor adviser on home economics because she doesn't work. Are you kidding me? My wife spends all the money in my house.

[Edit]

As expected, Chuck Todd's comments have not gone unnoticed.
    [video]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/04/13/eight_times_chuck_todd_calls_rosen_remarks_manufactured_controversy.html[/video]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    Obamanation, Apr 13, 2012 IP
  11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Ouch.

Obamanation, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  12. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In the real world, GOP legislators enacted 135 provisions/ within laws that restrict women's rights, women's health, and women's medical care: http://www.guttmacher.org/media/inthenews/2012/01/05/endofyear.html

That is simply an astronomical number. Way higher than at any year in the past, and a simple demonstration how the Right Wing Extremists are setting back the freedoms for which women battled for most of the 20th century.

Meanwhile while this state by state assault has been occurring the extremists are creating a smokescreen of false issues to simply hide this state by state, law by law set of restrictions that sets back the care and freedoms of women.

135 health and freedom restrictive laws!!!! Boggles the mind.

earlpearl, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  13. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Repeating the word extremist over and over doesnt get Obama outta the hole his buddy Rosen helped him dig. Hey he took a shot via a proxy, and the public slapped it down, so he pretends not to know her... while his spokesman displayed the comical act whereby he knows "three Hillary Rosens" and he isnt sure if this is the same one that met with Obama persoanlly 5 times and has been to the Whitehouse three down times.

The left wing has shown its disdain for the working mom, and notwithstanding his rhetoric about the GOP attacking women... his own surrogate led the real attack. He can throw her under the bus now, he can pretend not to know her... but the left wing elitists have shown their hand. They can call it a "manufactured war" all day long, but clearly it displayed their true feelings that traditional moms are inferior beings.

Gosh that was a dumb move. Even I thought Obama wasnt THAT darned stupid. Guess I was wrong on that score.

robjones, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  14. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I wait with baited breath to find out what the most recent polling numbers on female voters come in at. If I were Obama, I'd be pretty disheartened by the most recent polls

General Election:
    Romney 48%
    Obama 44%

Trust with the Economy
    Romney 49%
    Obama 39%

Who do you trust with Health Care
    Romney 46%
    Obama 42%

How do you feel about the Supreme Court?
    Right Track/Wrong Track
    US is on the wrong track 64%
    US is on the right track 29%

source

Too bad they don't ask the kinds of questions that would be truly telling. Do you think your president works at dividing people in America for political benefit? Do you think the president's policy announcements are more about benefiting the American people or benefiting his political position?

I think we all know how those poll numbers would come in.

15. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @O_Nation: I was looking at Bernard's comments on Paul, noticed he used a Rasmussen poll, and also noticed Rasmussen has shown over months that Ron Paul runs even or ahead at times of Obama. Paul, who has a very small very rabid following has simply shown himself to be incredibly out of the main stream.

Seriously that poll needs lots of help.....possibly it needs to poll people who don't exclusively work at Fox or watch it. Take a look at a variety of polls.

Frankly, let the news get out to the public and discuss the variety of laws enacted by Right Wing legislators with regard to women's rights, womens health and, women's reproductive organs. The more its seen the more people will feel like the Right Wing is basically pushing for something like the Saudi Arabian attitude toward women.

135 state provisions to restrict women's rights....all enacted by GOP legislatures. Why don't you guys discuss the merits of these issues and explain to any women here why you think those laws are appropriate????

earlpearl, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  16. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Poll people who don't watch Fox? Eliminating 75% of your subjects doesn't sound like it would make the pollsters job very easy. Besides, what is the point of polling uninformed idiots who don't vote. :D