1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will the Right Wing Continue to Attack and Condemn the Rights of American Women

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by earlpearl, Mar 3, 2012.

1. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rush Limbaugh is on a multi year contract averaging $50 million/year. That has nothing to do with FREE speech. Rush is a whole different deal. He is highly compensated for his comments.

Many many people found Rush Limbaugh's comments utterly and completely inappropriate this time. The $50 million man attacked a student. He called her a slut, a prostitute, and then he wanted to see sex videos of her...suggesting that is the only value he sees in her.

And for that he gets paid $50 million/year. Good example for America. Good example for kids.

All these distractions in this thread about the issue of religious freedoms or bringing up other examples of other people called out by a different 3rd party have nothing to do with this thread and the brutish behavior of Rush Limbaugh directed toward a student.

Many members of the GOP found it revolting. Its not just Dems that took offense. The outcry from across the country is so significant that advertisers are fleeing his show. He is a big boy. He gets paid enormous almost incomprehensible amounts of money on an annual basis...and then he reverts to disgusting course bullying of a young woman who was expressing her opinion.

Of course some on the Right Wing had very muted responses. Mitt Romney, by example, who has received millions of dollars in campaign contributions from Bain and Clear Channel big shots (Clear Channel = the people paying Rush Limbaugh $50 million/year) came out with a real tough condemnation....LOL "I wouldn't have said that".

Not only is Rush Limbaugh a grotesque bully, but Mitt Romney seems to be a puppet for his millionaire campaign contributors. For the most part the Right Wing simply won't condone Rush.

I'm wondering how many more advertisers flee his show and how many more radio stations drop the show despite the fact that the Extreme Right Wing won't denounce his words and have shown themselves to be removed from common sense adult behavior.

earlpearl, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you are saying that if you are paid to speak you cannot speak freely? Are you familiar with the definition of free speech? How about the first amendment?

Obamanation, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  3. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    This covers the situation nicely

[video=youtube;5ISKQD7ytSk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5ISKQD7ytSk[/video]

Obamanation, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  4. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sort of new to the threads here, but Earl loves saying the same thing over and over again, eh ? Sigh !

Who is saying anyone here is an example for kids or an example for America ? Is big nosed Maher an example for either ? HELL NO !

Once again, I find it completely hilarious that you have a very hard time even noticing or responding to the interview there, but it's expected.

Such a sad double standard.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
    grpaul, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Speaking of double standards, there's apparently been a suggestion to yank the FCC licenses of the stations that carry Rush's offensive speech, on the grounds that it is carried on the military airwaves and could damage troop morale.

Anyone my age or older will understand the irony of that suggestion coming from, seriously, Jane Fonda.

For those too young to remember Vietnam... google the term "Hanoi Jane". Yes, bitch, we do remember. If you combined Limbaughs worst insults with Mahers, then doubled them, it wouldnt begin to suggest the measure of contempt in which i hold Jane Fonda.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
    robjones, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  6. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the most appalling thing about this thread is the name ...

There are ALOT of people that need to be silenced if Rush is.. Where do you draw the line and who gets to decide, a group of people on the left ?

grpaul, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  7. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    Do you believe American Womens Rights should be abused?

earlpearl, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  8. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This has nothing to do with that.

grpaul, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  9. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should read this article from yesterday. Lots of women getting pissed off at the GOP. Surprisingly a lot of those women had voted Republican in the past.

Its not surprising in a society that keeps trying to promote people's rights. Lots of people, especially women thought they had gained greater freedoms, 20, 30, 40 years ago. Now they are being assaulted.

You could be very unfamiliar with this coming from an Islamic background.

earlpearl, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  10. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny, there are a large number of women also pissed off about the actions on the left as well. :)

Again, maybe you should read what I'm saying. . . The right can't say anything offensive, but the left can say whatever they want.

grpaul, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  11. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cmon earl... You gotta love the part where Hanoi Jane is all afflutter about the effect on the morale of the troops.
    If that doesnt trip your irony alarm it's time to have it serviced. :)

robjones, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  12. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny how you type these 2 things together.. "Extreme right wing", then comes the Hypocrisy.

grpaul, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    What happened to you Earlpearl? Did you not get the memo from the Whitehouse? The GOP "War on Women" is now characterized by any cuts to any government program that someone with a vagina could ostensibly benefit from, so long as said cuts were made or voted for by a Republican. Pick up the pace man. You are slacking, and don't tell me slinging hypocrisy is starting to wear on your conscience. I know you better than that.

[​IMG]

By the way, you note that CBS/NYTimes poll now has Obama at 41%? Hey, if the "war on women" tactic doesn't work out, perhaps he can burn down the White House and blame the Republicans.

Did you know that only 25% of Americans now feel that Obama shares their political views?

Obamanation, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  14. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good thing the GOP isnt the culprit in nixing drilling on public lands or shutting down the XL pipeline. I know a lot more women going broke buying gas than paying for birth control.

Ftr, How can women reach the doctor if they cant afford to travel? Its a health issue! Somebody tell Obama that travel is a basic human right and should be guaranteed as a part of our pursuit of happiness. He should just tell the gasoline providers that by presidential decree all gasoline is now free.

robjones, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  15. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://youtu.be/OETiiYnPX2Y

Listen to a few clips from this guy and see if he's anymore "politically correct" than the Limbaugh's of the world.

http://www.mikemalloy.com/

OH WAIT, he's on the left and he's not a comedian, so it's different !

The guy is a looney tune !

grpaul, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  16. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I wasn't aware of the so-called GOP war on women, until this thread. Here's a video put out by Moveon, to persuade that Republicans are against women. There are actually 4 points in this video, that they suggest are the mainstream Republican view. The first position, I don't agree with. But I don't really see it as anti-woman. I think the intention of the idea is good. The second position, is kind of controversial, but I do agree. I have misgivings about Planned Parenthood, and don't want them teaching minors about sex. I think that's the parents job. The third position is a quote from the idiot, Limbaugh. And, the fourth position is an extreme position that women who are raped shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion.

[video=youtube;IfjAMRgpoug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfjAMRgpoug[/video]

Anyway, I just thought that was interesting. I'm going to take a few days off from DP, as I have a lot to do...:)

Rebecca, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  17. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Extreme much, Rebecca ?

Moveon.org is a toilet.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
    grpaul, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  18. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    grpaul, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  19. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Bill Maher Explains why it is ok to call a mother of five a C*nt if you disagree with her politics

See all you women out there? Maher's advice to you is quit complaining, and his advice to Limbaugh, Imus, and everyone else is quit apologizing.

Question: Why is Maher trying to defend Rush?

Obamanation, Mar 23, 2012 IP
  20. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He isn't, he's defending the right to speak your mind without worrying about people that feign horror if they happen to share sympathy with the political views of the target of a nasty remark. While I disagree with him on his overall politics aqnd just think he's a horses ass for his repeated coarse remarks about Palin and others... on that point I absolutely agree. That why I pointed out to Earl that much worse things had been said about the women on the right side of political spectrum and yet he'd never bothered to show outrage or start a thread.

Despite my distaste with a lotta things he's said over the years, I've heard a lotta nasty stuff, and one more asshole on the left doesnt strike me as something to get my knickers in a knot about. My point in the thread has been that it is silly for the left to suddenly find their long misplaced moral outrage just because for once it is a woman on their side taking the hit. It just comes off as what it is... disingenuous.

The idiots that just dropped a fortune in the NYC paper on an ad requiring advertisers drop Limbaugh aren't crusaders for women, they're just political hacks. If they were crusaders for women their trigger woulda been tripped long ago by the remarks about Palin, Bachmann, et al. Didn't happen. Blows their cover.

Maher is correct in pointing out that there is no constitutional guarantee you'll never hear anything offensive. Hey, life's tough, wear a cup. I dislike his politics, but I appreciate the fact that unlike much of the left, he hasn't abandoned the concept of free speech.

robjones, Mar 23, 2012 IP