1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will someone tell this guy something

Discussion in 'Sites' started by templates, Jan 19, 2006.

1. charlieuk

charlieuk Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    templates. You say this thread should die, yet every opportunity to dish more dirt you do. Take some responsibility for this. My technical colleague has 10 years experience as a systems engineer, he is not daft. There is issues with this handover, this is the whole point. Just for information guys, templates and my colleague have been in touch with each since last night, there was a gap for sleep (of course).

If it was as simple as you and many people here make out (without the facts incidently) it would be done by now. Simple fact is, it is not yet done. Please don't cloud the issue with more conjecture, untruths and sly accusations.

We're all sat around a table, yet we're not moving forward.

Re, the comments by Marketing. Thanks, your thoughts are very valued and much appreciated. Although, if you could read the whole thread before making your views known it may be a little better. I spent lots of time emailing back and forth with the seller to no avail, the fraud card was not pulled out of the bag early. It was pulled out because there was no other option.

charlieuk, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  2. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 4
    As Buyer:
    100% - 6
    im awaiting a reply from the tech

templates, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  3. charlieuk

charlieuk Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What is with you man? You like your name in lights...?

All emails are in your court, all have been responded. Why make a post like that? Are you on an adshare for this thread or something?

4. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I assure you moving a cpanel site is very easy to do. A few quick searches on forums and google will get you all the info you need to complete this task. Did you see the vidoe link I posted for you and your tech with details on getting a backup? If you are not comfortable with the progress and the assumption that all the work should be done for you, take it on yourself to do it.

You could also contact the admin that controls your server as they would be able to do this the quickest.

As a wise man once said, "If you want it done on your terms, just do it yourself".

Good luck with the move...

ServerUnion, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  5. SiteExpress

SiteExpress Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    SiteExpress, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  6. Discreet

Discreet Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Maybe it's just me, but I actually find this thread to be quite funny.

Maybe it's because both the buyer and seller claim to be very experienced at doing this kind of transaction yet they can't do it.

Maybe it's because both keep saying they aren't going to continue this thread, yet they keep posting.

Maybe it's the sugar from my slurpee :D

Discreet, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  7. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I vote for the sugar!
    Makes me laugh at strange things also.

Personally, I do believe that the buyer just had buyers remorse and is trying to get out of the deal the hard way!
    To file a complaint with paypal without going to the seller and asking for the money back is not good business.
    Of course, he may have done so.

Either way, seems to me the seller has gone beyond his duty to the buyer.

The Iowa Dawg

iowadawg, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  8. charlieuk

charlieuk Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Another exceptional post! :) The buyer is very keen on the web site, I would not have bought it if I did not want it. I don't want my money back, I just want the site.

I was in touch with the seller before filing for fraud, this was a last resort!

Please, there is no hidden agenda.
    I'd love to leave this thread alone, however I find myself having to respond to some very strange accusations. Although, I am glad that it providing you with entertainment. :D

9. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Cant believe i just read this thread, but hey it was very amusing... pushing the fraud button so fast is not right. You also gotta remember that some people dont have the advantage of english as a first language.

Seiya, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  10. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 4
    As Buyer:
    100% - 6
    you are the wise one!if you read the first post,i asked how to email a database..i never said i was some big no it all..i asked a question,got an answer.then i did it,but then,that was not enough..o well..he asked for the email he got it..

templates, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  11. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you have the files then hopefully you have the mysql info.

You can make a remote dump at http://www.phpdump.com

RectangleMan, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  12. Root

Root Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Charlie,

Contact the server administrator that you will be using to host the web site. Have them log-in to their WHM with their root access. Kindly ask them to look for "Transfers" and under that to then click on "Copy an account from another server with account password". Have them proceed to fill in the four empty text-entry boxes with the access information that the seller sent you.

They are as follows, and quite simple:

IP address of seller's web server: [#.#.#.#] You can usually just ping their web site to find this or ask them directly for the correct IP address.

The domain name being transferred: [domain.tld] You know this by now. :)

The log-in user-name of the account being transferred: [user] As received from the seller via email, IM or however it was sent.

The log-in password of the account being transferred: [pass] Like the user-name, also what you received from the seller.

Once these four text-entry boxes are filled in with the correct information, submit the form by clicking the button labeled "Setup".

Now you simply wait for it to complete; which should be done within 15 minutes, but speed depends heavily on your receiving server's ability to unpack and restore the data from the account.

The above directions are correct for the latest release of cPanel/WHM control panel software as of the time of posting. If these instructions are followed exactly; you will have this done and over with; no questions asked.

Last, but not least, have fun; I know I have reading this thread. :D

Root, Jan 20, 2006 IP