1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Obama Raise Taxes on Working Class Americans? - Proof Please.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by GeorgeB., Oct 20, 2008.

1. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you guys think all of this will be a moot point here soon?

With the current state of the economy and our HUGE amount of national debt, do you think taxes will have to be raised no matter who takes office? Is it a matter of who is elected how high our taxes will go?

Firegirl, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No.
    No again. You do not raise taxes when the economy is on the down turn. And if a recession does occur, raising taxes would be disastrous.

You need to cut spending in Washington, and then begin the process of reducing that spending such that more can be paid towards debt.

I'm for the axe like McCain suggested (or Obama suggested of McCain), not the scalpel as Obama has indicated.

Look, if your income at home is $50 a week, and your debt load is $100 a week, you are never going to get out from that debt. Oh, you can make more, I suppose, but as your income increases, your debt load usually increases exponentially as well.

So now you make $100 a week and spend $150 a week.

So what do you do? You find a way to spend $100 a week, and then work out ways to spend say $75 a week so that you can not only pay down debt, but cover the interest and afford to either save or spend in other areas.

Its really hard to do, but if it means dropping to basic cable vs having HBO, you do it.

The problem is, our government like its NFL ticket and unlimited Pay Per View packages and rather than eliminate them, or at the very least reduce them, they opt to buy more boxes and more TV's instead.

Cutting taxes increases revenue to the federal government and creates Jobs. That much has been proven. But those gains mean nothing when spending exponentially increases at a higher rate.

We've got to do both; cut taxes, cut spending, then reduce spending.

Mia, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  3. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    on people making more than 250k yes

pizzaman, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    And under. Actually those in the lower brackets, so $30k see a 13% marginal tax rate increase.

[​IMG]

Mia, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  5. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    So, are you basically saying that it's ok to make one group of people suffer for the whole country and everyone else's mistakes?

guerilla likes this.
  6. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    they won't suffer if they are left with 13k a month to live on. they can do with one less car or house

7. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh ok, so if they worked incredibly hard to get to afford the extra car, larger house, nice clothing, they should be willing to just throw all that hard work away so some can continue to rack up debt of crap they don't need or didn't earn.

To me, it's like telling an Olympic Gold Medalist that we are going to cut his medal in half and give it to a country that didn't win, didn't earn it, so they won't have to go without....

8. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There os no "proof", but there is a history. Take look at the track records of both parties and the candidates voting records in Congress.

SearchBliss, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  9. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    if they make more than 250k i do not care if they sell their children.they can afford to pay a little more this is to improve the economy

10. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Why should they pay more. Every person should pay the same % of their income. How much % do you think each person should pay 10%, 20%, 40%, how much?

homebizseo, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  11. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    45-50% for the top bracket. I told you this is necessary to fix the economy.

12. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    you think all class should pay 50% of their income to the government? If everyone pays the same % then that would be fair.

homebizseo, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Yes everyone should pay the same PERCENTAGE.

These are the people that grow the economy. They do it by innovating, bringing products to market, buying and selling goods and services and employing the people that need help the most.

That's the democrat way!

Its not about suffering, but when you attain a certain level and or lifestyle, cuts still hurt. Its all relative. A person making $250k/yr with a family of 5 and a business that employs people is no different than a single person earning $30k/yr.

Its all relative.

No, we cannot afford to pay more. That is the point. When we pay more, people lose jobs. And we cannot afford to expand, innovate or hire more people when that happens.

Exactly. Everyone should pay the same for their can of Coke.

Mia, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  14. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    an income based tax bracket is fair regardless. It is good for the country. They will make more money as the middle class makes more money and spends more

15. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    30% of 100k is more than 30% of 10k. However if I am making 100k I can afford 30k easier than someone making 10k can afford 3k in taxes. I still have 70k to live off for a year, they have 7. With my 70k I can probably afford some college classes every year, a vacation or two somewhere boring and cheap, and a reliable car and clothes for work. If I have 7k I am moving in with my parents and shopping at Goodwill in my 1982 Buick Skylark with the ducktape on the windows.

earthfaze, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    With a tax cut, yes.

Mia, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  17. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    No the tax rate should be based on income

enough of them making the economy grow. now we have to pay for all the money that they have mismanaged
    we go with what hurts smaller number of people.
    i do not know what you can afford but if your income is more than 250k you need to make some adjustment in your spending. a little less luxury . smaller car, smaller TV and less makeup for your wife. you can also fire some of the chinese people that you have hired
    the problem is that the rich are drinking more coke than their share and the extra sugar is bad for them

18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I agree, a percentage of your income. Everyone pays on equal percentage of their income regardless of the amount.

The rich still pay more under this plan.

You do realize that under the current tax law, some of the wealthiest pay less now then they would under a flat percentage tax? And some people pay absolutely nothing now.

We're talking about making things fair, not attacking people based on class envy.

That does not make any sense. I'm not even sure how to address that comment.

That actually hurts a larger number of people. When you punish the people that pay the most, they have no incentive to make more. They do not make more, the people they employ do not make more.

No, you do not need to adjust anything if you do not want to. This is not communist china or communist russia of yesteryear. Its none of your business or mine what someone does with their own money, and who in the hell are you or I to tell someone where or how or how much of their money they should spend and where they should spend it.

Do you hear what you are saying?

But you miss one key point here Pizza. They are paying MORE for that Coke. Who cares how much they consume so long as they pay for it. If you have a problem with that than I cannot help you. You need to find a nice little communist country to move to.

Class Envy my friends. There is obviously no cure for that disease.

Mia, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  19. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I absolutely love the trolls that leave reps here. Don't even have the freaking balls to sign it, what a pussy. I may be "dumb" but as least I can teabag someone when the need arises....

While I was at lunch, it became even more clear to me while we shouldn't take from the wealthy and give it to the poor. I was sitting at a light and was listening to the young couple in the car next to me argue. The young girl, who was not even 25, was trying to convince the boyfriend, yes boyfriend (not even married), to take their baby to the doctor. He retorts:

"How can we afford to take the baby to the doctor, we can't even afford to make our car payment! See this nice car we're in, who's gonna make the payment if we take the baby to the doctor?"

That's when I took a closer look at their car. Brand new 4 door BMW with TV monitors in the front seat headrests so the little baby can watch TV while in the car. WOW!

Maybe instead of trying to redistribute the wealth we should teach people PRIORITIES!

Mia likes this.
  20. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have no problem with closing the loopholes that the people with higher than 250k use. these people should pay a higher percentage of their income
    they will make more money at the end because more people have more money and they spend more money and that will increase the economy.
    we are talking about removing the tax break that bush gave the rich.
    i meant to say that they have destroyed the economy if you have not noticed. I also blame Clinton for this but the majority of the good paying jobs were moved to china so the rich can be richer. they do not invest on making high paying job in US. so the tickle down economy is broken
    we have tried your way and it does not work so it is time to change.
    yes i want the rich to pay more. i can go with a huge reduction in military spending in favor of domestic spending also. take your pick
    no i want everyone to be able to have the coke.