1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Obama Go Down as Real Legend in History Books?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by seoindia, Jan 19, 2009.

?

Will Obama Go Down as most powerful leader in past 50 years?

1. Yes he will.

46.2%
  2. He is just average.

19.2%
  3. No, You got to be kidding.

34.6%
    There is no doubt that an era of some very significant and drastic change in world Politics and leadership has arrived. This is an era of one of the most charismatic personality in the world ever Barack Obama. Its just amazing that I am from India and even than i am so much influenced by his charm and the dramatic win in presidential elections. Everything is very special about him and after a very long time there seems to be a leader who can gather the true respect of individuals worldwide.

How many of you think that by the time Obama will end his presidential tenure, he will go down in the history as the most powerful leader ever in last 50 years? The way he speaks it definitely looks so but so far we have witnessed only speeches.

seoindia, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  2. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No doubt, he is a great human being and has all the attributes of a good leader. But then, people already have very high hopes on him which can either bog him down or force him to take some drastic steps to justify such high expectations.

Hope, he remains calm and takes one step at a time....irrespective of people thinking him to deliver fast result like a magician...

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  3. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am sure he would be in Real Legend In History Books for revaluation in America. He has all good quality of better leadership which make him better then others and I think he will make some good changes which will be part of history.

Rohit patel, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  4. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    He is "over hyped" i guess,lets see how it goes for him.

getjimmy, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  5. anjum shaikh

anjum shaikh Peon

Best Answers:
    :)Obama is a great leader & a good human being no doubt. Very soon he'll proof that he is a legend.

anjum shaikh, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  6. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    By breaking through as the 1st black president assures his place in history

Looking at the mess the world is in today, he certainly deserves all the support to succeed as the world badly needs a politician that produces improvements in economy, employment and disputes, to name only 3 major problems facing the start of his presidency

britishguy, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  7. seoindia

seoindia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I got to admit one thing that i am really surprised by the news that the Presidential ceremony is going to be the most expensive ever in the history. At a time when US is going through financial crunches was it really needed? And Obama is already so popular that even a low profile ceremony would have gathered millions of supporters.

seoindia, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  8. pragun06

pragun06 Member

Best Answers:
    1st black prez mates !!
    he has already assured a place for himslef in the books !

pragun06, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  9. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Even I was surprised when I came to know of the extent of expenditure planned on this one function. Having read whatever was available of him, this first extravaganza appears very contradictory !! :eek:

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  10. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have high hopes for him, hope he turns out to be the greatest U.S pesident ;)

cool_78, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  11. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously I'm not an American and I shouldn't care about it so much, but I think Obama isn't the right person to face the American and also the global reality...he's not strong enough.
    Obama is definitely a great personality and I do appreciate him, but this isn't enough to be a outstanding leader...

EvcRo, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  12. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hes not doing alot of the things he said he was going to do in the campaign, now he choosing to do alot of what Mccain was going to do :rolleyes:

Shazz, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  13. andrejm63

andrejm63 Peon

Best Answers:
    He's already in history books. The question now is will he be able to act differently than Bush or Mccain would. We don't really know yet how much maneuver space does he have and how much power the lobbyists and other influential figures really have.

andrejm63, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  14. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with getjimmy.
    Let's witness how he takes action to realize his promises.

justinlorder, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  15. musichangout.com

musichangout.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think he might he will be the Real Legend in history books soon

musichangout.com, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  16. seoindia

seoindia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Finally the history has been made minutes ago. Its just amazing that 30 lakhs peoples gathered for witnessing the presidential oath. Truly remarkable.

The speech which Obama made today was absolutely genius. He definitely has a god gifted speeching capabilities and now the entire world awaits how those words are turned into action. I do believe that he is very honest person and that is what all matter above all. In my life span i have never seen love and affection of people for a politician.

Whats most amazed me was that each and every news channel in India broadcasted Live the Presidential ceremony, i don't think that ever happened in past.

seoindia, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  17. Static

Static Active Member

Best Answers:
    As being the first, he already made a name for himself in history. How much further he will go? Only time will tell. Obama is a very amazing character, but I definitely agree that the media is over hyping everything. Nonetheless, I expect him to achieve great things in his term. Regarding his speech, it was amazing regardless who wrote it. :) If any of you want to watch the inaugration and everything after, it's streaming everywhere, not just India. I mean everywhere... including my blog. ;)

Static, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  18. Dcity

Dcity Guest

Best Answers:
    I hope that

Dcity, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  19. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It is the millions of supporters in DC that cause most of the expense.

browntwn, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  20. myp

myp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The fact that he is the President of the United States alone makes him a legend- let alone the fact that he is the first black president. Whether he will be remembered as good for the country, that is still too early to tell.

myp, Jan 20, 2009 IP