1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will my vBulletin forum work on hostgator's basic hosting plan?

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by arkueckelhan, Aug 22, 2011.

I own http://battleforums.com/forums it has a database of about 1.2million posts and 80,000 members. We get about 3,000 pageviews/day and I think bandwidth is around 40gb/month (not much at all). But I'm sure with that decent amount of traffic the server resources are decent as well.

I wanted to know from you guys who also have a lot of forums, etc. if hostgator would boot me from their basic plan if I moved my forum to my account there? Currently it is hosted at wiredtree but it isn't using nearly the resources provided.

Do you guys have other suggestions for hosting of a forum of my size? And lastly, just a side note, if anyone runs a hosting company by chance, I would be interested in exchanging a link in my footer for hosting on your servers, just PM me.

arkueckelhan, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  2. DIGICHAT

DIGICHAT Active Member

Best Answers:
    no it wouldn't work with hostgator . As there is many issues with vbseo using with hostgator specially cpu usage issue . so you are using vbseo already will definitely cause cpu usage problem .

Vbseo owner claims its not heavy but i doubt them as there can't be numerous of threads of cpu usage with the vbseo but they don't listen to you saying change the host but once you change the host then you have to keep upgrading your forum one after another RAM upgrade as your forum gonna increase. I think vbseo staff should check their vbseo script there must be something wrong that causing cpu usage. . You can try it if you remove vbseo from forum then i am 100% sure you can go with hostgator .

otherwise look somewhere else as hostgator + vbseo wouldn't work .

What you are using right now vps ? or dedicated server

DIGICHAT, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  3. arkueckelhan

arkueckelhan Active Member

Best Answers:
    vps. the $60 package at wiredtree.com

arkueckelhan, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  4. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    With the size of your forum you need a decent VPS package.

micksss, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  5. 97army

97army Peon

Best Answers:
    You can go for a VPS of a Dedicate Server!

97army, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  6. mcloud

mcloud Member

Best Answers:
    VPS best alternative for u forum

mcloud, Sep 3, 2011 IP