1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will keyword research help in organic traffic

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by vic_msn, Apr 12, 2007.

Hi
    just wanted to ask will the correct research make a difference between 100 visitors and 1000 visitors in organic results. which is the best research tool available do you use any niche finder tool can you recommend me one which you have tried

vic_msn, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  2. joeunplugged

joeunplugged Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. It makes all the difference. I should qualify that - it certainly depends on your market. But if you rank #1 vs #20 it makes a huge difference. Organic search provides you credibility - most people can tell the difference between ads and organic. Besides if you are ranking for something that is sort of like what you are offering you will get far fewer "buyers" than if you are ranking for the exact item/service you are selling. Consider your own search habits - are you not more likely to trust someone who ranks well for the exact topic you search on?

There are several free tools. Here are a few of them.

Digital Point Keyword Tool
    Google AdWords Keyword Tool
    Keyword Suggestion
    Yahoo Search Marketing Tool
    WordTracker

Remember to check out the long keyword phrases (often called "long tail" keywords) because
    1. people who use them are more likely to "purchase" (read, click, whatever you need them to do to make money) than those who search on shorter keywords.
    2. they are usually far easier to rank for than the shorter generic terms. ("old car parts" vs "1979 AMC gremlin taillight" - don't laugh, that baby served me well in college)

There are many other options if you want to pay including:
    NicheDetector
    Keyword Discovery
    NicheBot
    I've personally never used them but there are several reviews of this type of tool out there, just be careful of who did the review: they might just be an affiliate trying to make a buck. Make sure they reviewed more than one and other reviews agree.

If you want a full blown keyword research based on your site/market, just PM me and I can give you some suggestions/help.

Once you find some good keywords check out the RankTrend.com tool to quickly, easily & automatically track your rank in the major search engines on the keywords you select. Use the code rtbeta1 to sign up for the beta at RankTrend.com.

Cheers

joeunplugged, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  3. mistnee

mistnee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mistnee, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  4. vwebworld

vwebworld Peon

Best Answers:
    www(dot)hittail(dot)com

Good tool / tracker for long tail

~Roland

vwebworld, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  5. fitcoach

fitcoach Peon

Best Answers:
    Why are all the results so different for each one. On one it will show so many results for a keyword and on the next it will show 0 or no results?

fitcoach, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  6. BlogLover

BlogLover Peon

Best Answers:
    Try http://www.keywordenchanter.com

That is because various keyword research tools compile their data from different sources (search engines).

BlogLover, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  7. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good tool this. I am actually subscribed to this one on the Plus package, but they do have a free version if you want to try it out. I have vastly improved ranking for various websites and pages based on the data collected by HitTail.

Claudek, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  8. paulpedersen

paulpedersen Peon

Best Answers:
    It makes a huge difference. Knowing what people are searching for and the differing variations of those search terms helps you understand how to organize your content. You want to focus on what people are looking for.

The only tool I use for keyword research is inventory.overture.com. It pulls from a 25% sample size so you know that data is the most accurate out there. Just multiply the search volume by four and you now know how many US search occur in any given month.

NOTE: Tools like WordTracker, that pull from Dogpile and MetaCrawler, only represent .45% of all US searches, so it's hard to put much stock in those numbers.

Start with the most generic search for your term. If you focus on a certain type of widget, do a general lookup of "widgets" and/or "widget". Find all related search terms and drill into them even further. When you are done, you will have a comprehensive list that you can group into related keywords and then sort from highest search volume to lowest. This will give you a good idea of how to organize your website content and which phrases to focus on per page.

I hope this helps.

paulpedersen, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  9. abiquddoos

abiquddoos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I found hittail best. Wordtracker is the worst result creator for me. I was depending on it very much but it did not produce required results for me.
    Was this due to free version?
    Some people say.... go to google adwords. How they can get from there? Any idea?

abiquddoos, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  10. yugo

yugo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i think this tools is very usefull to make article

yugo, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  11. TechMaster

TechMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    None of them as useful as overture.

TechMaster, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  12. llSourcell

llSourcell Peon

Best Answers:
    true techmaster

llSourcell, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  13. Mike Levin

Mike Levin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much. To answer the questions about what makes one different from another, WordTracker aggregates data from InfoSpace sites, such as DogPile and MetaCrawler--NOT Google or Yahoo. Keyword Discovery also pulls from search engines. HitTail on the other hand, pulls from your own site.

This seems backwards to some people, because if you're already getting the hit, why bother? ...until you think deeper.

If you got the search hit on something you didn't deliberately target, there's all kinds of useful information in that. It tells you that you can be found on that phrase you didn't even think of. But it ALSO tells you, depending on how many pages into search the user found you, how many pages of bad SERPs above you that there are which didn't satisfy the searcher.

So, if you never deliberately targeted it and are getting found, imagine what would happen if you suddenly deliberately targeted that phrase--either with new content, or with a PPC campaign.

If you do that over and over, it can build much more traffic than one would think possible with a long tail keyword strategy.

Mike Levin, Jan 30, 2008 IP
  14. safe6

safe6 Peon

Best Answers:
    None of them as useful as overture.

safe6, Feb 4, 2008 IP