1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will it harm us if there are lots of other companies with the same name?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by MdIsmailHossain, Nov 1, 2016.

We have a Charleston based business named Five Star Real Estate. We don’t have any other branch or office. There has no other business in our state with the same name. But there are lots of companies around the world with the same name. Lots of companies used our website address in their profile for different local directory submission sites. They also used our website address in different websites. That’s why we got lots of unexpected backlink. Is it bad for us? Will it harm us in SEO? Do we need to remove those backlinks? I am not sure will it harm us or not. Is there anyone who can suggest us about this issue? Here is our website link: http://fivestarrealestate.com/

Thanks.

MdIsmailHossain, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure how you can be in Bangladesh and running a business in Charleston but I guess that's the beauty of the internet. You have a mailing address but you haven't set it up as a Google Place yet - I guess there's no actual office? I could find 1051 and 1047 but I couldn't find #1050 Johnnie Dodds Blvd #2433, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464. If you do have set it up as a "place" then Google will know that searches for "Five Star Real Estate" in Charleston are more likely to be wanting the local business than some alternative version of it.

I've very curious as to why "lots of companies" have done directory submissions for themselves but using your domain name. What do you think was behind that?

sarahk, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  3. mr Bruce

mr Bruce Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if your company towards the domestic market, perhaps without using .com

mr Bruce, Nov 11, 2016 IP