1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will islam take over the world?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Nora, Jan 20, 2008.

I usually don't post here because I'm clueless when it comes to politics and religion but with all the economy problems in the US.. if it ever really becomes a depression won't that give rich arab countries the power to take over, forcing everybody to follow islamic laws? My biggest fear is that with an economic crisis the wrong people will gain control, leading to another holocaust.. :S

Nora, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  2. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ibn Juferi, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  3. lalitnagrath

lalitnagrath Banned

Best Answers:
    not in india yet , nd it never will in near future

lalitnagrath, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  4. Ibn Juferi

Best Answers:
    And there is a substantial Muslim community in India as well and growing.

5. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    No. It has tried before, but was unsuccessful. It is the goal of islam though.

Unfortunately, it will assimilate Europe. That has already begun. France will be the first casualty, followed by the UK. Europe isn't influencing islam, islam is influencing Europe.

GTech, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  6. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    IMHO there won't be any particular religion taking over the world, the world is too diversed for that.

With an economic crisis, USA, China, Germany and Japan are still the largest economies in the world, there is no chance for an Arab country to take over the world either through economic duress or otherwise. Arab nations are themselves deeply divided, so how do they take over the world?

Just something to add on, first I need to say I am totally against USA occupation of Iraq. In the news you may see the seemingly helplessness of the American troops against the insurgencies. To put in a fair word, to fight in Iraq especially insurgents in built in areas are a nightmare to any armies in the world. If they have fought as what the former Soviet Union did in Afghanistan, they would have won. The Soviets simply massacre anyone suspicious, but despite the shortcomings USA is still much more humane. Even if Arab suddenly became united (I doubt anyone can unit the Sunnis, Shiites, Wahabis) and use oil as a weapon, in a time of life and death for USA, no armies in that region can stopped a determined USA military from being in Riyadh in a couple of days.

wisdomtool, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  7. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:

Isn't the president of India Muslim?

soniqhost.com, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  8. Ibn Juferi

Best Answers:
    You and your pack of lies again.

Oh yes, that bitch Bat Ye'or. Who are you going to quote next, Ali Sina? Daniel Pipes? All well-known Islamophobes :rolleyes:

It was a Muslim, but his term expired in 2007.

9. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If there's a crisis and people are out of jobs who will be there to take care of national security? In Europe there are already plenty of extreme islamists (don't know what else to call them) who says they won't try to take over? Wasn't a crisis what caused Hitler to get so powerful?

+ arab countries have oil, if they stop providing that, won't everything collapse? :S

Nora, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  10. Markas

Markas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No one believes in Islam in my country :) so I am very happy :p
    I am in a Christian World view

Markas, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  11. GTech

Best Answers:
    A personal attack, and nothing to counter with. Should I expect anything less? Will you be reporting your own post, VC?

Have a disdain for women, huh? Should I be surprised? Are you an infidelophobe?

I am infidel, hear me roar :D

GTech, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  12. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Saudi and Iraq are under the patronage of USA. There may be a recession, but if you do not mind taking a look at the GDP of USA versus that of all Arab world combined and the standing army of USA versus all Arab world combined, you will probably get a picture of the situation. That is not counting China and the rest.

In a recession, (definitely a recession isn't a crisis), the economy will be down but national security will not be compromised in anyway. Recessions does happen, economic cycles are up and down throughout history, you do not see anyone dominating anyone because of this.

There are extremists of all religions in Europe and the world at large, but the reason why you feel there are many because the news reports them frequently. What was reported frequently tends to stand in one's mind and give the assumption that there has to be many. Take a different eg, how many die of violent gun deaths and how many die of say heart attacks? From a study, it was shown that most choose violent gun deaths as much more than those dying from heart attack but it is the other round by a huge margin.

wisdomtool, Jan 20, 2008 IP
    Nora likes this.
  13. lalitnagrath

lalitnagrath Banned

Best Answers:
    so what ?
    it is common in democracy
    bobby jindal is now governor of louisiana
    it doesnt mean hinduism has taken over US

lalitnagrath, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  14. GTech

Best Answers:
    Bobby Jindal is a good man. He is also Catholic. I'm looking forward to seeing how he shapes Louisiana over the next few years, and perhaps run for President. He's a strong conservative republican and a genuine pleasure to hear speak.

GTech, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  15. Ibn Juferi

Best Answers:
    Gee, how quick of you to be so presumptuous. I guess you didn't know that I will be engaged to one soon, huh? Fortunately for us, we have people like Nicole Queen around who do not share your myopic view of Islam.

You are an infidel, that much is true :rolleyes:

16. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    See, GTech, he has no trouble at all with women who are 100% submissive. It's those pesky women who think for themselves and speak their minds that he has a problem with. It must be like Christmas for a Muslim to finally see what his wife looks after he's stuck with her. I guess that's why they force them to keep the bag over their head.

One of the interesting things I've found is that in the Bible is literally says "men don't deny your wife and wife don't deny your husband because your body is hers and her body is yours." While in the Koran men are given permission to withhold sex as punishment.

So I'm not sure what women find appealing about Islam. But then again, there's no shortage of women who find abusive men appealing. Maybe she missed the video on how if she uses her "sex appeal" to try to get her way with her Muslim husband he can beat her to a pulp using the methods found in wife beating instruction videos issued by Muslim leaders.

Also a search for "Nicole Queen" on Google turns up nothing of substance. I guess she's famous in Islamic circles because she wears lots of make up and was converted by YouTube videos. So that makes her an educated somebody. And not someone who was easily swayed by propoganda videos.

On Topic: You can't just buy a country so that won't be how they take over. And yes, I believe that one day it will happen that Islam will finally take over the world. Though not because they are the true religion. In fact, quite the opposite.

KalvinB, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  17. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That was what I meant, there will always be plenty of religions but islam is becoming more than just a religion, its like a lifestyle.. I'm scared to speak what's on my mind because I've already gotten death threats from muslims over the internet for things that had absolutely nothing to do with their religion. Maybe we don't realize it but we're making so many changes so we don't offend them.. if this continues the entire world will have to live up to their standards :S

Nora, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  18. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey buddy, am I a terrorist?

Am I an extremist?

The whole world keeps telling me this 24x7... I am really confused... I hear this all the time

Am I really supposed to kill people? It is not in my holy books though :( I guess western people know more about my religion than our scholars do...

Really, I want to find out. Because if the answer is positive, then I better start preparing...

I'll have t start researching into assault rifles, RPGs and the stuff. Coz if thats what I am supposed to do, I better start practicing. I'll be in Washington soon.

gauharjk, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  19. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Gtech be afraid, very afraid!!! Gays or Muslims or open minded human beings are contagious, they can take over "your" America any day now, so you better step up your BS or soon you will find your children either marring a Muslim, befriending a Gay person, or outsmarting you. :) Man we live in hard times.

guru-seo, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  20. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not at all, but you have to admit there are some people who take it to extremes and sadly those are the ones who rise to power instead of normal people with common sense. Of course not all muslims are like that but there are some out there that just want to see non-believers dead and I'm scared that those people will take over if a real crisis were to happen.. :S

Nora, Jan 20, 2008 IP