1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will I get banned ?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Crespo, Dec 9, 2005.

1. TLN

TLN Peon

Best Answers:
    Theirs thousands of threads like this on forums but thats because people generally post the negatives to things rather then the positives. I doubt future advertisers would be put off by this maybe if it was a small new ppc company but a company like google i dont think this thread would put them off.

TLN, Dec 11, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    There's a content network and a search network. And fraudulent clicks have kept many, MANY advertisers away from the content network. Especially before the control options they have now were available.

So while this thread alone may not "put anyone off", thirty just like it might.

Crazy_Rob, Dec 11, 2005 IP
  3. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It should be obvious even without reading the terms of service. It's common sense.

Lpspider, Dec 11, 2005 IP
  4. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    It's a simple mistake, anyone can make it, once or twice; but $75 worth would indicate your moral compass is seriously flawed!

TooHappy, Dec 11, 2005 IP
  5. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cen you please list the positives... :D Im kinda confused... :confused:

emil2k, Dec 11, 2005 IP
  6. Crespo

Crespo Peon

Best Answers:
    No, and don't ask me why, but it was more like 50 clicks per $20 over a period of 3-4 weeks, say 200 clicks in all, but if you take into account the number of ads I have 100+, we're talking about about a coulpe of clicks per ad in that period. I assume it depends on the number of clicks to impressions ratio and since the site wasn't published yet this was very high. Since publication with hundreds of impressions I've had one click in 3 days which earnt 4c.

People keep saying how obvious and clear it is made in the Terms and Conditions, I've had another look at these :

In 5. of 17 it says "You shall not, and shall not authorize or encourage any third party to: (i) directly or indirectly generate queries, Referral Events, or impressions of or clicks on any Ad, Link, Search Result, or Referral Button through any automated, deceptive, fraudulent or other invalid means, including but not limited to through repeated manual clicks, "

Well that's cleared that up then.... you can't look at pages with an ad on or repeatedly click on your own ads.

Use some common sense I hear you cry... OK, it's obviously ridiculous to suggest that you can't look at your own site but to sit there repeatedly pressing the refresh button is a different matter. By the same token "repeated manual clicks" means that clicking once even twice is probably OK but to sit there clicking on the same ad hour after hour is not.

Further down this suggestion is reinforced :

You may not " frame, minimize, remove or otherwise inhibit the full and complete display of any Web page accessed by an end user after clicking on any part of an Ad "

Now, I don't know about you but with a 5 frames site I don't know of any other way of ensuring this without actually clicking on them and if they don't open in the correct window, making an adjustment and then testing them again.

So, nowhere in the Terms and Conditions does it say that under no circumstances whatsoever can you click on your own ads, "repeated" being the operative word here. As to whether 2 to 3 clicks on different ads over a period of 3-4 weeks constitutes "repeated" regardless of the ammount of revenue generated, I would suggest is purely a matter of opinion. Indeed it was only after starting to read some of the tales in these forums that I started to have any real concerns about the matter.

Crespo, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  7. Crespo

Crespo Peon

Best Answers:
    Just goes shows how much you ****ers know...

Sorry to disappoint many of you :D but all they said was don't worry about it but try not to do it again if at all possible, I papraphrase of course.

Thanks to those who took the time to offer reasoned advice and to those who didn't, well...you know what you can do.

Unlike you, (although many of you chose to invent your own) Google were in full possession of the facts, that is, they could see my site, could see the stats, listened to my explaination and after due consideration decided that it was all perfectly reasonable. So unconcerned are they that they haven't even taken back the money from my account.

Hope this gives heart to any others who have made an honest mistake, don't worry but do e-mail them about it, unlike many of the morons on here and what they will have you believe they are perfectly reasonable people and will judge each case on it's merits.

Please form an orderly queue to apologise. :D

.....skips off in to the sunset, smiling and muttering things like " He who laughs last laughs longest." and " I wonder what I should buy with my $75 ". ;)

Cheerio old chaps, it's been a pleasure. :)

Crespo, Dec 12, 2005 IP
    marvinniven likes this.
  8. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    What if I said i don't believe you?

By the way that is what I am saying.

aeiouy, Dec 12, 2005 IP
    mattmdesign likes this.
  9. Crespo

Crespo Peon

Best Answers:
    So what's new, just goes to prove how seriously poor your judgement regarding matters of business and integrety.

I really can't be bothered even attempting to prove it to the likes of you, thought about pasting their reply but you'd probably just say I typed it myself.

If you don't believe me that's your problem, not mine.

Crespo, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  10. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If this is true Google should burn in HELL :mad:
    This is BS :cool:
    apologize for what...your stupidity and lack of common sense...then sorry...tra la la la... :D

emil2k, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  11. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    And we all laugh at you, since Google isn't going to cut you a check until you hit $100 AND you'll never reach $100 (remember you were taking the Google ads off your site because your site sucks so bad that you can only get 1 click per day?). Don't spend your nothing all in one place! :rolleyes:

ViciousSummer, Dec 12, 2005 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  12. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    He who laughs last laughs and laughs and laughs and laughs and laughs...

Feel free to post up your URL crespo so we can verify you are still running adsense ads. As Summer said, you don't get paid until you hit $100. Even if Google sent you an e-mail saying don't worry about it, when they investigate and find you clicked on your own ads 10 times a day for a month, they will change their mind.

I know that you did not properly disclose your transgressions to them. In otherwords you didn't tell them you clicked on your ads for $75 worth of clicks. So they thought you accidently clicked on your ads once or twice like what happens to honest publishers sometimes and they gave you a standard reply.

aeiouy, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  13. jkomp

jkomp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think google should be able to recognise when the account holder clicks on their own ads, through cookies or something and simply not count them - easier said then done by google can do anything, right?

jkomp, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  14. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Why do gay guys have tons of female friends but lesbians don't have tons of male friends?

Crazy_Rob, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  15. tweetylover8402

tweetylover8402 Peon

Best Answers:
    ^That was random.

Cuz gay guys are cool to hang out with and aren't trying to get in your pants. :)

tweetylover8402, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  16. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Makes sense.

And guys typically don't like girls unless they see a chance of doing it at some point in the future.

Tanks, tweety!

Crazy_Rob, Dec 12, 2005 IP
    EWpro likes this.
  17. jkomp

jkomp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I feel so enlightened - i have learned so much since coming to dp ;)

jkomp, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  18. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    Read carefully the terms and condition you will come to know.
    Here is url for that..google.com/adsense/localized-terms

keral82, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  19. Crespo

Crespo Peon

Best Answers:
    Be my guest to take comfort in this if you must, but since it was never about the money it's of no consequence.

It's true my site doesn't contain much in the way of underwear but I think it's the effectiveness of the ads that's the problem, basically they are of little relevance or interest to my visitors, so I will continue to replace them all in time.

They were worth a try but they are a waste of time for me, I suppose if you get thousands of visits a day it might be different.

Makes this discussion pretty pointless at the end of they day since whatever the outcome might have been I won't be running them either way, at least it's through choice I suppose.

Hey, it's been fun though. :D

Crespo, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  20. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh.. So Google didn't kick you out? You just "quit".

HAHA.

aeiouy, Dec 13, 2005 IP