1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Google suspend my Adsense account if I buy traffic from Adbrite

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by mike10, Feb 28, 2012.

Hello,

I have a fairly new website (~ 3 months), I have been adding content on a regular basis, and I have Adsense ads running on my site. I know it's going to be some time before I start getting search engine traffic, but I want to test out my site to see if visitors find my content useful. Adbrite is a cheaper alternate to Adsense, so I have been purchasing some traffic (50-100 visitors a day) from Adbrite. This has given me some idea about what pages are useful and where I need to work to make improvements. I am developing banners that I intend to use to advertise at other sites and hopefully bring in more traffic.

But I read somewhere at this forum that if you purchase traffic for your site, Google might ban your Adsense account. Is that true?

I read paragraph 5 (Prohibited Uses) of their TOS, but I am not sure if it explicitly prohibits purchased traffic. I can understand their prohibition about robots or other automated query tools. They don't want webpages attempting to increase RPM with robots or fake traffic (revisitors.com etc.). But I am not sure if they cover real traffic that was purchased. Shouldn't I be free to advertise and bring visitors to my site?
    https://www.google.com/adsense/v3/localized-terms

Regards,
    Mike

mike10, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's hard to say since there is no official source which says which ad networks are accepted and which are not.

JamesColin, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  3. elmot

elmot Member

Best Answers:
    that is indeed quite vague, but if you are dealing with adsense, it is better to be careful than try to toe the line, coz if they ban you then you will have more headaches than traffic.

elmot, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  4. sgrollform

sgrollform Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Google suspend my Adsense account if I buy traffic from Adbrite how it possible..

sgrollform, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  5. chrissb

chrissb Peon

Best Answers:
    I can say from personal experience that my AdSense account was banned due to traffic via paid advertising, so watch out. It didn't happen for a few months though, so your guess is as good as mine as to what their policy is.

chrissb, Mar 16, 2012 IP