1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Google penalize if Privacy Policy have kind of similar content

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Vineet Gupta, Jul 1, 2015.

I have made Privacy Policy, Disclaimer & Terms & Conditions documents using following online tools:

Privacy Policy - http://www.serprank.com/

Disclaimer, Terms & Conditions - http://www.privacypolicyonline.com/

My concern is: when I checked the above content for plagiarism, its harly 30%-40% unique.
    So will Google take it as Duplicate content?

Please suggest what can I do

Vineet Gupta, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  2. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most websites around the web block those pages from being crawled by robots.
    They are often templated (although edited to fit the specific needs) and they don't really have any searchable value.
    Blocking them from your robots.txt file will be quick and effortless ;)

Rado_ch, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  3. Vineet Gupta

Vineet Gupta Member

Best Answers:
    But Privacy Policy & such other pages are recommended to be written on our site for SEO purpose as well. As when Search engines always give little preference to pages with Privacy Policy, & other such pages like Disclaimer.
    I am not saying these pages define ranking, but 1 of the many factors...

So bit confused about the duplicate content

Vineet Gupta, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  4. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    It is always safe to change the content so that Google bot doesn't consider it as duplicate. Privacy policy or any other content, if it is duplicate, it will affect your ranking.

Andy-Jones, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  5. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure what you've heard about the SEO part of it, but if you are looking to score some keywords there, you'll probably see little to no difference. Those pages are generally very common and search engines know that so they know how to read them. Unless it is stuffed with keywords or you have a 100% duplicate content directly copy/pasted, you would be good.

Here is Matt Cutts explaining that a while back:

Rado_ch, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes you are right it's a trust factor which could help with rankings. Any legitimate brand would have pages like a Privacy Policy, TOS and Disclaimer.

dcristo, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  7. mikhailblaze

mikhailblaze Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so.

Google has probably devised ways on how to crawl these pages, and I'm sure they are fairly aware that privacy policies and disclaimers around the Internet have duplicate content. For reference, check out what Rado_ch posted above :p

mikhailblaze, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  8. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would always change it a bit... Or at least spend some minutes to rewrite it... You will do this only ONCE! ;)

patco, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  9. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, why don't you use image in privacy policy? Convert your text in image and add on your website then add alt tag, its a really simple way to escape duplicate content issue from google on that kind of pages.
    Note:- Privacy Policy page is for user not 4 search engine, if someone want to read ur that page then it can read from text or image also so no bother about user point of view and Google punish only duplicate content so problem is solve, if you won't write on that kind of pages then it is the best way to escape duplicate issues.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    Aryans, Jul 10, 2015 IP