1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Google/Other Spiders Follow this link?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by lorien1973, Oct 8, 2004.

Please visit:

http://shopping.tbo.com

If you look on the top left, there is an html table. I have like 4 links there. In a green box. If you hover over the box, you see the links. Can spiders follow those to my site, or will they be of no PR benefit to me?

I'm not sure on links such as this. Thanks!

PS-this page lost PR in the update. It was a 7 before. More evidence PR has been devalued?

lorien1973, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  2. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    I have some image links on a website of mine (www.sprinttotal.com) wich links to my website about hosting. The image as Alt Text and the only backlink that appears to that website is a PR2 page, as my Sprint Total is PR4.

Anyway, this could confirm even more my theory that the higher PR pages that link to you will not happear (as Sprint Total is giving the PR3 of the other website about hosting).

eduardomaio, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  3. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    can you see them here if so, spiders should be able to see them. keyword: should

TwisterMc, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I count 8 links in the green box on the top left.

There is a green box on the top right with 4 links though.

The links look fine to me in SlimBrowser. When I view the page in Lynx, I don't even see the links. What did you use to build those links?

Usually, when links don't work in Lynx, they don't work for search engine spiders.

If other web sites, on average, receive more new inbound links than your web site, your PR will drop. As the Internet continues to grow, you have to get more and more links to maintain your current PR.

Will.Spencer, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  5. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry. Its the box on the right:

header says: home & garden decor
    links are: shabby chic, garden gnomes, table top fountains, interior decor

that is the link box I am talking about. I just made them html, they added those tracking urls to them. I am wondering if I should see if the tracking links should be removed or not.

I don't see them with that lynx thing either. Guess I should get that tracking removed or that probably wont help will it? Interesting that they don't even show up in that view at all

lorien1973, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  6. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ajeet, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Ajeet:

I don't think that you will get credit for those links either, but I do not know for certain.

Will.Spencer, Oct 8, 2004 IP