1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Google or Yahoo ever pay by Paypal?

Discussion in 'Payments' started by freshprince, Aug 8, 2005.

1. LordGod

LordGod Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe Google will launch a payment system that will be available in more countries than PayPal. I can't use paypal because is not available in my country. I use other systems, but the commisions are very high.
    SEMrush

LordGod, Aug 9, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    they wont use paypal, maybe their own will include more countries, but remember EFT is beta.. and if they make their own paypal i am sure they would update EFT to cover the same countries.

BTW, you can withdraw from paypal (in the UK) for free if the amount you take is > £50

Critters, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  3. alph

alph Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do not leave any significant amount of money in paypal. They are NOT a chartered bank and do not have to follow any banking regulations. Your money is also not federally insured. They can "freeze" your account for any apparent reason and leave you with no little or no recourse.

alph, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  4. freshprince

freshprince Peon

Best Answers:
    they have to give you what money that you have in their..
    that would be stealing if they didnt and stealing is illegal in all 50 states :)
    If they froze peoples accounts without giving them their money from it there would be a lawsuit on them so fast that their heads will spin. Plus possibly jail time for someone maybe.

freshprince, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  5. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Someone didn't read the T&C when they opened up their paypal account.

lorien1973, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  6. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    but you pay to get the money. (on the bank's side)

Design Agent, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  7. LeeD

LeeD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very true..Paypal can do what they please in many cases...;)

LeeD, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  8. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In the UK they ae covered by our Banking laws, and they are registered under the banking guarantee scheme. So no problms there as they are answerable to the Financial watchdogs and ombusdmen.

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  9. freshprince

freshprince Peon

Best Answers:
    i just read paypals user agreement again it clearly states that if your account is terminated or frozen you will recieve a check for any amount owed to you.

10. freshprince

freshprince Peon

Best Answers:
    this is from the paypal user agreement

If the investigation is in your favor, we will restore access to your account. If the investigation is not in your favor, PayPal may return funds to the sender and restore access to the remainder of your account, continue to limit your account access for up to 180 days as is necessary to protect PayPal against the risk of reversals, or may close your account by giving you notice and mailing a check for any funds in your account (minus funds that are in dispute) to the address that you have provided. If you are later determined to be entitled to the funds in dispute, PayPal will make an additional payment of those funds to you. Any of the following events may lead to your account being limited:

11. Kasparoff

Kasparoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you need to get paid by PayPal? Via PayPal you have to pay extra 3% from your income. If you receive pennies, than you have nothing to loose. But, you get something more or less substantial, you will notice a difference.

Kasparoff, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  12. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    I used paypal as my first shopping cart merchant. I did 20,000 - 25,000 in sales in my first 8 days or so with them. I proceeded to withdraw the funds into my bank account.

Then within about 2 days I got a nice friendly letter from them, that my account is on limited access, and the withdrawel to my back account has been cancelled, and I need to verify a few things. I fax over my liscense, birth certificate, and I think they asked for a utility bill, I faxed over a water bill. Ok now they needed me to send them tracking numbers for everyone who has placed an order. Then I tried to explain to them, I dont even have the items they ordered yet, I dont have that kind of supply. I explained that once I was to get the money in my bank account from them , I was going to buy everything ordered and mail it out in the time frame I explained on my shipping page. They told me to bad and until I was able to supply tracking numbers for all orders, My account would be on limited access.

Paypal isnt a bank. They can shut down your account at any time, for any reason, and freeze all monies in that account and monies currently being proccesed for a withdrawel.

Just seems like another un-needed hassle to me. I hate paypal. There are many sites sch as www.paypalsucks.com where you can read endless horror stories.

I know I went way off-topic. Thats how you know how much I hate paypal..

Worldwid, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  13. torrio74

torrio74 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not use PayPal. I have direct deposit and the money comes like the 22nd of each month

torrio74, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  14. rjpzf

rjpzf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Highly doubtful since their current system already works well, plus they would be crazy to embrace a competitor.

rjpzf, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  15. Jalpari

Jalpari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hey! google loves publishers and advertisers who don't have paypal so he don't pay via paypal in other words he loves me

Jalpari, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  16. 2-4-K

2-4-K Peon

Best Answers:
    YSM now accept Paypal.. Yahoo & eBay work quite closely now since eBay and Google had their falling out late last year.. so now Yahoo serves all the sponsored listings on eBay globally..

I also agree Paypal is quite a risk due to them being a law unto themselves at times..

2-4-K, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  17. player82

player82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i wish google pays by paypal.

player82, Aug 15, 2008 IP