1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Google Keep Pages That Don't Have Internal Links

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Oly, Jan 2, 2013.

Hi

I run a voucher code site and very quickly vouchers can become out of date. When they expire the site does not display internal links to them however the actual page for the voucher does exist (It just displays an expired message with a list of other vouchers to choose from). My question is when the voucher is valid Google will index it, I am wondering however if Google will then remove it from the index when it next spiders the page because there is no internal link to it.

The site in question is http://www.socialoffer.co.uk

Thanks

Oly, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No, if it knows about the page and it still returns a 200, it should remain. Do you want the vouchers removing (from the index) once they have expired?

ryan_uk, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  3. Oly

Oly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi

No I don't want the vouchers to be removed from the index, even if they are expired an alternative voucher may be presented when the user visits the page.

Thanks
    Oliver

Oly, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As long as Google can reach the pages (and they continue to return a HTTP code of 200), find them (I assume they are in your sitemap? Easiest way to ensure they are always findable) then you won't have a problem.

ryan_uk, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  5. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google would find them as it has once crawled them. But why do you want Google to index the pages with expired vouchers?

traxport121, Jan 2, 2013 IP