1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Facebook still be relevant in 5 to 10 years?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by tradester, May 13, 2012.

1. casand

casand Peon

Best Answers:
    yes , facebook is going to a search engine

casand, May 24, 2012 IP
  2. eurojack

eurojack Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The bubble has already burst. From anticipated $100/share to $30/share in a day or so is the realest indicator of the future of Facebook. Facebook doesn't produce anything (except divorce, fights, party crashers, suicides and jealousy) and it doesn't have any real worth to it. In 10 years nobody will even remember what Facebook is. It's been the same throughout the internet history, it's just a trend and the herd moves together. BBS, IRC, MSN, MySpace, Facebook... they're all trends. Facebook today is at the peak of its glory days and it's going to head only south from here.

eurojack, May 26, 2012 IP
  3. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad you brought this up. Personally, I don't think so. Unless they rebrand and bring out an entirely new way of capitalizing on the new market then, they will go down in five to ten years.

doktu, May 26, 2012 IP
  4. eurojack

eurojack Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook already has almost a billion users and there are 2.4billion internet users in the world, half of that in countries with strict regimes applying censorship at any given time where Facebook isn't allowed to conduct business anyway. Majority of Facebook users are in the western, developed, countries. Do you need college math to add 1 and 1? Facebook growth days are over.

There's no real value to Facebook, ad business can vanish literally overnight, there's not much capitalization maneuver space left. It's a failed business model to begin with. I wouldn't count on much progress anyway. Mark Zuckerberg sold over 30mil shares of his own company four days ago. FB was a textbook pump-and-dump IPO, proving the first day of release that the bubble has started bursting. Facebook can't deliver the revenue to justify the price of the IPO. It's MySpace all over again.

Can you remember top 5 internet trends 10 years ago?

eurojack, May 26, 2012 IP
  5. imgeek2727

imgeek2727 Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook has probably been the most successful social network there has been yet, but nothing last forever. And that applies to Facebook too. I think it will be around in 5-10 years, though I doubt it will be as active. All it takes is for the next big thing to come along and blow it off the radar.

imgeek2727, May 26, 2012 IP
  6. rafe_lovely

rafe_lovely Banned

Best Answers:
    i dont think so facebook can survive more then 5 years.

rafe_lovely, May 26, 2012 IP
  7. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    I honestly think Facebook is a fad and its just a matter of time before people get board with it.

Soulwatcher, May 26, 2012 IP
  8. pspianist

pspianist Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed with the others. It's only a matter of time when it turns into the new MySpace when the next big thing comes rolling in.

pspianist, May 27, 2012 IP