1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will expanding your website with new sections downgrade your listings?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Keone, Nov 22, 2006.

Hi all,

After hard work I finally reached spot 4 worldwide in google and number one locally. So I think I'm ready for something new.
    I was thinking about expanding my website with new categories, categories which are harder to rank for but I was thinking I had a head start now that the site is ranking this well.

BUT

Lets say I now rank well for salmon fishing and I want to expand my site with information about fishing reels (not necessarily for salmon). Does this hurt my rank for the search phrase salmon fishing??

I am a bit worried about expanding because a lot of pages will be added which will indirectly have something to do with my subject but will not be spoken about on every new page. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Thank you

Keone, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  2. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If its on the same subject, i wouldnt worry! As long as its something relevant and you dont start talking about chicken or off-topic stuff it'll be fine.

terryuk, Nov 22, 2006 IP