1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Chitika Be Bought Out?

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by Sharpseo, Nov 3, 2005.

?

Who is most likely to buy Chitika, or a stake in it?

1. Ebay

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Amazon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yahoo

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Google

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Valueclick (CJ parent company)

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Other Company

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. Nobody, it's not that great.

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
    Will one of the larger Internet players attempt to make Chitika an offer they can't refuse? If not a buyout, I can see one of the big players buying a stake in the business. I think Ebay would be the most likely candidate.

Sharpseo, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  2. SamOwen

SamOwen Peon

Best Answers:
    I just thought of this yesterday. I wondered if Google would try to take over...

SamOwen, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  3. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google is the least likely to "need" Chitika's technology. With their people and knowledge, I bet they could design a similar, and possibly better system. I think I read somewhere that they already are designing something that integrates product pictures more closely. However, G might want to buy them out to get rid of a potential competitor. Or at least invest in the company, if the owners won't sell (much like Yahoo invested early in Google and made tons off it).

Someone like Ebay, who is under pressure to diversify their business, would be a more likely suitor in my opinion.

Sharpseo, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  4. Haichi

Haichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lets hope I can see some results before this goes down

Haichi, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  5. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Micro$oft will snap them up or at least buy a hefty stake.

eBay just bought up Skype. I think it's too soon for them to move on Chitika.

mcfox, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  6. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    My bet is on either ebay or yahoo!

LaCabra, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  7. ozgression

ozgression Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, Google wont buy them. Maybe someone like ValueClick will (they acquire everyone).

ozgression, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  8. isuccess

isuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think anyone will buy anything until chitika gets really big. Right now it's small. It might be more cost-effective to develop something similar than to buy them out, but you never know. Looks like a very nice script. I have seen a few adsense clone scripts out there that never get off the ground. This might be a good alternative. I hope they grow exponentially and we see them everywhere. Paypal might eye them as well. It all depends on the revenues they are producing and how happy their advertisers are with the results.:D Investors buy based on performance, past, present and future.

P.S. click fraud is a big problem. Someday, someone is going to come up with a monthly fee service (one is already in place but few publishers) so advertisers won't care if people click 1M times on their ads, the fee will remain the same. Not a good system for publishers though, but a blessing for advertisers.

isuccess, Nov 3, 2005 IP