1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will changing server do this?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by itsgreen, Nov 21, 2008.

Hello. I have an ecommerce store that is hosted on a server that hosts hundreds of other ecommerce stores. I want to change to a dedicated server with the same ecommerce company that hosts my site now. They said I would have to update my dns and ip settings which I already know how to do.

What I would like to know is if you change your server and IP and dns settings will it have any effect on your website in search indexings or positions? The urls will all remain the same. The domain name will not change. Everything is the same except for changing to a new server.

I am hesitating doing the change at christmas time because it is our busiest sales season in the next 5 weeks. But I also would like to change it now because my website keeps going down. Please help. Thanks in advance.

itsgreen, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  2. level3hosting

level3hosting Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as the domain is the same and the dns doesnt take days to propagate you should be fine.

level3hosting, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  3. gate2vn

gate2vn Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe there is no change in search indexing. Make sure your vendor can do anything to reduce the time for propagating, to keep lowest downtime.

gate2vn, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  4. kailash

kailash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Changing the server should not affect to the SEO of your web site.

Kailash

kailash, Nov 29, 2008 IP