1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will anybody able to view my source code???

Discussion in 'C#' started by dilipsam, Mar 5, 2006.

Will anybody be able to view the source code of an ASP program on the website?

What are the chances? How can we make it even more secure?

REgards,
    Dilip

dilipsam, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  2. radislav

radislav Peon

Best Answers:
    hi Dilip
    yes everyone can see your source code, hiding it with javascript disabling source code view its a bad idea, because of the SE bots, the bots when visiting a website look at its source code not only at the interface.
    hope im worng

radislav, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  3. dilipsam

dilipsam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello radislav,

Welcome to the forums. By source code, I didn't mean the HTML but the source code of the ASP server program.

I hope you are enjoying your stay here besides helping me.

So will anybody be able to view the source code of the ASP server program?

Regards,
    Dilip

dilipsam, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  4. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Well from what I was told with what little ASP work I did, years ago, the asp script is never released from the server from a http request. The request goes to a server, and the server identifies the requested file as an ASP file, coverts it to html (or what it's suppose to be), and only browser source is sent.

One sec: In 2000 someone showed me how you can overload the server with some weird query string, which caused the server to ignore the ASP status of the file, and just return it whole, no conversion. I think that was fixed. ;)

tom

TommyD, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    As long as you instruct the server to parse those files (as is by default), the source will never be available to regular visitors.

T0PS3O, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  6. phd

phd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not possible to see the ASP code, but if your IIS configuration is incorrect or your hosting provider takes the right to run ASP on your domain then it's possible. It was happens to me for a once.

phd, Mar 14, 2006 IP