1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will '3D' Revive The Domain Industry - 3D Domain Names (?)

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Hotelsex, Jan 17, 2010.

1. geek3d

geek3d Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow!! I can not believe 3dtelevisionscreen.com was availabile. Great job.

geek3d, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  2. JackL00711

JackL00711 Member

Best Answers:
    Now I just gotta find a buyer lol

JackL00711, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  3. coolkay

coolkay Peon

Best Answers:
    How about going 4d? Looool!

coolkay, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  4. geek3d

geek3d Peon

Best Answers:
    Conceringing the domains you purchased below... they are pretty good. Do you plan to develop any of them?? Yola.com is free to develop a website, and you can put in a 3D image as well. Hosting is free also.
    3DTechnologyStore.com
    3DTechnologyShop.com
    New3DTechnology.com
    FutureIs3D.com
    3DTelevisionScreen.com
    Watch3DSport.com
    3DLaptops.info

geek3d, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  5. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    3D apparently was a bit of a flop at CES, the general consensus seemed to be - meh.
    Even though, I still kick myself for letting 3d-technologies (.) com drop a year or two ago. (I let it drop because of the hyphen).

I still have a few... like
    3DPlasma .tv, .info, .org.
    3DDefinition .com, net, org etc. (I got it because I heard someone refer to 3D high def as 3D definition. Also got 3Ddef in all extensions).
    3Dactive .tv, .net.
    Passive3D .com, .net, .tv

I think that's all I have.
    Hope 3D does take off over the next few years.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  6. JackL00711

JackL00711 Member

Best Answers:
    I would rather sell them off to be honest as I don't have much experience with sites at the moment.

There is one however that i would enjoy developing, so given your suggestion of the free site I may consider it in the future.

But I registered them with the intention of possibly making a quick profit.

JackL00711, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  7. geek3d

geek3d Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not kick yourself for letting go ANYTHING with a hyphen!! There are still a few good names with 3D out there. I would grab one up so you would not feel bad when you sold it.

geek3d, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  8. JackL00711

JackL00711 Member

Best Answers:
    Any suggestions on where I can find buyers?

JackL00711, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  9. geek3d

geek3d Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Boy... you really do want a quick turnaround!! There are many ways to sell a domain name:
    1) Do not get privacy on the name.. and they will find you via email that is listed on the Whois
    2) Domain auctions: I use SEDO as they will put a message on top: this domain is for sale. You can even write how much you want for the name, park it, get money if someone click on the advertisers, add a photo, etc. You can see how many people visit the website, click on advertisers, it is a lot of fun. I love seeing when I make .32 cents for a click!! Even if you did not buy the domain names from sedo, all you have to do is change the nameservers (2 of them) to sedos nameservers. They will even handle the transaction and get a small fee. Go to Sedo if interested, sign up... Keep us posted.

geek3d, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  10. Janus410

Janus410 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you're better off NOT worrying about that. Reason being...think of the craze after HD came out. It was applied to movies, games, television - much like how the 3D market is headed.

HD is pretty well established...however, have you seen an HD cell phone? There's a rumor of an HD iphone, but that's speculation at this point.

Janus410, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  11. thecuso

thecuso Peon

Best Answers:
    Just bought 11 3d domains.

they are all related to led, oled and amoled screens/displays. just parked them using sedo.

i like this one AMOL3D.com hehe.

hope those CES tvs hit hard!

thecuso, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  12. geek3d

geek3d Peon

Best Answers:
    We need to think of the future.. that is a great way to purchase domain names find out the types of tvs and mobile phones are being developed and put 3D infront of it and buy it before someone else does. Again, this is very speculative... I did just sell www.3dMobilePhones.com for $300.00. I paid about $10 for it x'2 as I had it a year and a month. Anyone familiar with .mobi or .tel and have anything to say about them??? I did purchase a few of those... which is even MORE speculative than adding a 3D infront of .com. It could be years and years before they catch on (even though some extremely large companies are using them) Fox.mobi, bofa.mobi (bank of America).. Disney and Apple did get their .tel domain names. .tel is an online business card where the end user decides how to contact you quickly with a listing of ALL your contacts than the end user once again can click to call, click to go to your website without having to scroll through your website looking for your phone/email. I BET most 3D generic domain names are available in .mobi and .tel but somehow I believe this is not a way to go... your thoughts??

geek3d, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  13. Hotelsex

Hotelsex Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to have started such an active thread... a few notes...

... i apologize for not remembering names, but someone mentioned how 3d fizzled at the CES this year ... i'm sorry to disagree, but every tech site and magazine out there is still talking about the wave of 3d products that 'stole the show'
    ... look into development on the production line as well
    ... i believe it was Sony ..
    .... just released the prototype of the 'First 3d, Camera-Ready TV' .... basically drop your sd card into the tv and all your new still shots on big screen...
    SWEET!!!

Also ... nice job on the $300 turnarond (stay away from domain news in a couple of years when that sells for 4-5 figures :)
    .. i do think you undercut yourself a bit ONLY because like someone else had mentioned - there's no market yet... this time next year, every one of these names will be up in value and appraisal .. once everybody starts searching these products in google and bing and yahoo .. our names go upl... plus another tell is that if you search any one of these auction house (sedo, afternic...) for '3d' .. you'll get no results.... the big boys who own the real BIG stuff are laying in the weeds waiting for this market to open up as well... nobody's selling anything yet.

i have compiled a very strong list that i am finally able to display and show everybody, although there are too many to list here so i have created a mini-site for the spiders to help find and end-user' possible.

Please take a look at:
    www.3dDomainNames.info

(i will also update my sig)

and let me know what everybody thinks
    ... an enormous amount of time in research went into some of these names
    I believe i am sitting on some VERY strong key words and phrases that are about a year away from really being powerful.

One ,ore question, if i may ...
    ... does anybody put any stock in the .co.uk domain market?
    i picked up a few seriously strong domains with .co.uk that seem destined for some big money ("Games3d.co.uk" ... "Movies3d.co.uk"...etc..)
    Am i crazy to have been excited that thos were available?
    I know it's very liquified, but 'Valuate.com' appraised 'Games3d.co.uk' at $3,600
    ...this was the highest appraised domain name i have ever seen that was not locked up anywhere.

Your feedback is very much welcomed and appreciated, so please - let me have it :)

Good luck everybody.. i look forward to hearing your responses.

Hotelsex, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  14. geek3d

geek3d Peon

Best Answers:
    You have some really nice names. These are my thoughts only (and possible others as well) that you will be able to retire soon... just keep a few in case they do continuously go up. What do you think of 3DAlaska.com?? I do own that, as well as a few other states. What do you think of .tel and .mobi??

geek3d, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  15. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No worries, and no need to be sorry for disagreeing, Its what keeps discussions going.

I watched most (if not all) of the TWiT networks coverage of CES and I don't think I saw anybody who was interviewed enthusiastically say they can't wait to get a 3D tv (Apart from the vendors of course).
    In fact I saw several say that they thought it seemed very gimmicky and couldn't understand why the TV manufacturers were even going there.

Even when Leo asked the CNET staff why they gave the Panasonic TC-PVT25 "Best of show" (which is a 3D Plasma .TV)... They responded with, because out of all the other 3D TVs announced, this was the only one with a ship date :eek:
    Don't get me wrong I hope it does go off (I own 3DPlasma.tv).
    With a bit more hype, it probably will. Its just a lot of people at CES didn't seem to get it.
    Even reading some of the responses to CNETs write up about the TV...

"CNet gets Panasonic 3D Plasma TV its CES Best of Show award. If that's 'Best of Show', it was a pretty weak show."

"3D....HO HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    Just bought my Panasonic TCP50V10....Why on earth would I want another TV????
    "

"Before your credit card melts from waving it in the air, notice that there are NO standards even written yet for 3D. Anyone remember BluRay vs. HDDvd? As interesting as all this is, I'm watching from the sidelines for now with my card firmly in my wallet."

So yeah, I stand by what I said. But I hope 3D does take off.

Don't trust valuate or any automated domain valuing service. (it values 3dPlasma.tv at $55, 3dPlasma.org at $85, uvrx.com at $1,400 and 3dDefinition.com at $490 :confused: )

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  16. matessim

matessim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to this thread i just had an idea, and i now am the proud owner of Order3DTV

matessim, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  17. Hotelsex

Hotelsex Peon

Best Answers:
    i completely agree about valuate ..
    ... although, the only difference is this...
    ... the two numbers we each mentioned for each name
    ... were rock bottom starting prices...
    ... they seem to be wrong more on the LOW end than the high end (guess more of a buyers tool than a sellers)
    ... although, if you take a look at the last couple of weeks of domain sales and see what they sold for, and then cross check that with valuate, they seem to be pretty close on a lot of them ... so much so, that i'm somewhat impressed.

Our market - this 3d market - still needs time to seep into everyone's homes and livelihoods, which is why they are undervalued on a generator like that... trust me... i own more than a few that are valued at $0 right now that i KNOW aren't going to be worth $0 a year or two from now... (eg... "3d DvD Rentals.com".. "3d Dating Sites.com"...etc

i guess the point i was trying to make was ....that name is valued so high already - without the biggest of markets ... exciting to think what could be

-------

"geek3d" - :)

18. JackL00711

JackL00711 Member

Best Answers:
    Just registered:

3DF1.tv
    3DF1.info

(Formula 1)

3DCartoonz.com

what you guys think?

JackL00711, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  19. Hotelsex

Hotelsex Peon

Best Answers:
    way too many good names out there to be throwing time and money in to a .tv and especially a .info ( i know they cost a dollar to reg - but they don't cost a dollar to RE-reg - and they have little value)

look into the .com's a little more and a little harder - try renditions (cable3d - or 3dcable - 3-dcable...etc..).. they are DEFINITELY still out there... even if mobi and biz and tv and the likes caught fire and had some value one day, they'd never touch the power of the .com... i generally only buy a .info when i find a strong term i like and want to corner the market on that word or name (my 3ddomainnames.info is not for investment sakes and only a platform to give these other names a voice - metaphorically speaking, of course)

anyway .. look again man... i have compiled an enormous a list of good (and great) .com's that are still available - seriously GOOD STUFF... strong search terms - strong markets... unfortunately for me, i am only able to purchase so many at this time, so they will have to wait to be mine a little longer, but i promise you, there are some real good ones still sitting out there.

i'll throw you guys a couple of nuggets right now - feel free to make them your own ..
    ... thank me and love me later
    .. maybe think of me when you find someone looking for a killer 3d domain name and send them my way
    :)

3DApartmentGuide.com - AVAILABLE
    3D Family Portraits.com - AVAILABLE
    My3DMakeover.com - AVAILABLE

That's all i'm willing to give away at this time
    ... not the greatest names in the history of the web, no, but still strong and still not even in my top 50 of available domains out there in the 3d realm.. point being - there's some TASTY names out there still boys and girls, ya just have to DIG a little

:)

Hope you like
    ? who da man?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  20. JackL00711

JackL00711 Member

Best Answers:
    I also have Watch3DOlympics.com

JackL00711, Jan 23, 2010 IP