1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will '3D' Revive The Domain Industry - 3D Domain Names (?)

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Hotelsex, Jan 17, 2010.

1. gilescoley

gilescoley Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, but some people for some reason only like disclosing the names if they sell

gilescoley, May 24, 2011 IP
  2. Zorlock

Zorlock Member

Best Answers:
    Lets see here... Names that I submitted.
    Slate500.com (not really future trend but really needs to be built out...GKWT has it at 74K global monthly searches)
    4KHDTVS.com (I think the plural thing kills this one)
    3DDatabase.com (I put a large reserve on this one so its a little dicey on whether it will make it or not)
    I dont remember if I sent in SenseExperience.com or not
    I may have included TouchTablePCS.com (again the plural probably killed it... Think Microsoft Surface)

That is all I can think about right now.
    Cheers

Zorlock, May 25, 2011 IP
  3. gilescoley

gilescoley Active Member

Best Answers:
    Remember to select "exact" searches on the left hand side, not "broad" searches, then you get the accurate stats

gilescoley, May 25, 2011 IP
  4. Zorlock

Zorlock Member

Best Answers:
    I understand there is a difference between exact and broad but since the key word(s) are generic enough in that category (in other words they can cover slate 500 accessories or slate 500 covers... ect) it has the ability to get all the broad searches.

If it was something more exact (and not THE QUINTESSENTIAL generic for that term(s) then I would wholeheartedly agree with you that you would be best served using the exact searches to give you an indication of what the traffic will be like. Its not:

However, it is the exact name of the key words used in the search AND can cover (legitimately) every single search that falls under those key words. That is the reason for me using the broad sense of the word.
    Broad match: The sum of the search volumes for the keyword idea, related grammatical forms, synonyms and related words.
    Since the name ARE the keywords in their generic form, they have the ability to capture every form of search for anything pertaining to those keywords.

Just my opinion. Its the way I have always built sites and so far has not done me wrong.
    I do not look at it from the domainer point of view of just sitting the name, I see it as development and what areas you can legitimately cover with that name.
    Cheers

Zorlock, May 25, 2011 IP
  5. AdamFL

AdamFL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I was right about the FT auction not meeting the deadlines, they have one hour left.

AdamFL, May 25, 2011 IP
  6. Zorlock

Zorlock Member

Best Answers:
    I got nothing from them so I assume that you are correct AdamFL and they probably wont get back to any of us until a week before the auction is about to happen.

Still on the subject of 3D as most of you probably know, I have been toying around with different forum platforms (not willing to pay for vBulletin yet). My plan is to dedicate a forum to (Mainly) the topic of 3D which is a broad and ever growing topic.
    Its something I am toying with and learning about at the moment. I have set up another new forum, it is a little bigger and flows something like DP forums. Check it out http://x.co/forum
    Let me know what you think. I only have a few topics on there right now but with a little help from other 3D enthusiasts like yourselves I am sure that can be quickly rectified.

Let me know what you think
    Cheers

Zorlock, May 26, 2011 IP
  7. arp

arp Member

Best Answers:
    but is this trend gonna last?

arp, May 26, 2011 IP
  8. gilescoley

gilescoley Active Member

Best Answers:
    or our names haven't been accepted??

gilescoley, May 26, 2011 IP
  9. Zorlock

Zorlock Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Aspects of 3D will last longer then others. The entrainment (TVs, Movies, Cameras, Games..ect) aspect of 3D will be around for a short while. They will be replaced by the next big thing and so goes the cycle of technology.

BUT there will be long lived aspects of 3D that will be around for many years to come.
    3D Printing is one of those things that will be around for a long long time. You may need to look up 3D printing if you dont know exactly what it is. Dont go on your first idea where it makes paper copies of images to be viewed in 3D... its nowhere even close to that simple. It you dont know, look it up... I am sure you will be surprised and agree that this will be around for a long time to come.
    There are also Medical elements of 3D that will be around for many years. In retrospect, the underlying elements of the new technologies (that have NOT been created yet) will be spawned out of 3D. Even though they may not be carrying the name, its where they started.

And in the end, if you have a 3D domain, there will be a window to sell it and make some money or build it out and make another steam of income. Some domainers have already realized this and that is why this thread is soo popular today.

Just my thoughts
    Cheers

Zorlock, May 26, 2011 IP
  10. AdamFL

AdamFL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will doubt that, at least one domain name of ours will be in for sure. I think the problem is miss communication between the organizers, Oversee usually release the lists a week or so before the auction date.

AdamFL, May 26, 2011 IP
  11. AdamFL

AdamFL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why not set up that forum under a subdomain of yours, instead of *.forumotion.com? I think it's better for you SEO wise, but I might be wrong.
    Just an idea.

AdamFL, May 26, 2011 IP
  12. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Any latest sales/actions of 3D names?

sar420, May 26, 2011 IP
    Clive likes this.
  13. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    3D domain names? Who invented this?

Clive, May 27, 2011 IP
    sar420 likes this.
  14. Zorlock

Zorlock Member

Best Answers:
    Invented?
    What do you mean by invented? The way I see it, its a logical conclusion to a service or product that is now maturing.
    I dont think there was an invention to it, it has just gotten to the point that 3D is gaining in popularity and people are getting ready to (or at least hoping to) cash in on it.

Just the way I see it.
    Cheers

Zorlock, May 28, 2011 IP
  15. AdamFL

AdamFL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To answer to that question: 3D domain names existed since the beginning of the net. For example: http://goo.gl/b3e5N , AMD registered that name back in 96, before even google(dot)com, so it's nothing new, but the 3D technology itself is maturing lately due to all related IT innovations.

AdamFL, May 28, 2011 IP
  16. holographics

holographics Peon

Best Answers:
    Just registered 3-d.nu. Here in Holland, .nu is reasonably accepted, as "nu" means "now" in Dutch. Not sure when it became available, but used to have a website.

holographics, May 29, 2011 IP
  17. ArnoldBlack

ArnoldBlack Peon

Best Answers:
    anyone got any 4k domains ? ( aside from 4KHDTVS.com )

ArnoldBlack, May 29, 2011 IP
  18. adsingh

adsingh Member

Best Answers:
    hey plz tell me that can i do affiliate marketing of products from both amazon and clickbank on my single website...

adsingh, May 29, 2011 IP
  19. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    I would call a "3D domain" one that would look like www.domain.3d rather than one with "3D" in it. Marketing tricks are well known but calling for "3D domain names" is a bit too much in my opinion, just like saying that "digitalpoint.com" is a digital domain. Sounds somewhat ridiculous.

Clive, May 29, 2011 IP
  20. Zorlock

Zorlock Member

Best Answers:
    I would agree with your assessment if we where talking about 3D extensions *BUT* the market has determined that the "3D" in the name is a describing word to the domain name. 3DTV (dot) com describes the type or style of the TV. What kind of TV is it... its a 3D TV. When people go looking for 3D TVs, they simply type in 3D TV into the search engine and off they go.
    If it was "domain.3D" then it would be a 3D extension and not the domain name itself. The domain name is what comes to the left of the (dot).
    Under your assessment, every .COM extension out there is considered a "COM" domain? COM does not describe anything and I am sure you agree that the domain name (everything left of the dot) is what describes the website/domain.
    Granted this may not be as tightly nit together as I write it as it is in my head, but I am sure you get the point.
    A 3D *Domain* is actually that... a *DOMAIN* and not an extension.

Just my thoughts
    Cheers

Zorlock, May 29, 2011 IP