1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will '3D' Revive The Domain Industry - 3D Domain Names (?)

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Hotelsex, Jan 17, 2010.

1. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    browntwn, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  2. VisualDream

VisualDream Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks buddy for the info

VisualDream, Feb 13, 2011 IP
  3. Clowgon

Clowgon Peon

Best Answers:
    I've looked throughout the whole thread, while there is some good names people have bought, there are some names where people will be lucky to get $3 for them. Seriously.

Clowgon, Feb 13, 2011 IP
  4. Hotelsex

Hotelsex Peon

Best Answers:
    well thank you hairy man

i'm sure we will all take your comments into consideration when the time is right
    .. until then..
    njoy yourself

Hotelsex, Feb 14, 2011 IP
  5. geek3d

geek3d Peon

Best Answers:
    geek3d, Feb 14, 2011 IP
  6. greatideas007

greatideas007 Peon

Best Answers:
    i own the following and have them for sale as well. What do yall think?
    3DGLASSESONLY.COM
    3DPRODUCTSONLY.COM
    3DPRODUCTSDEPOT.COM
    3DCAMERADEPOT.COM

greatideas007, Feb 14, 2011 IP
  7. ExoticMike

ExoticMike Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it will and maybe it wont but if you spend 100 AND make some money on it in two years it would be nice.

ExoticMike, Feb 14, 2011 IP
  8. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting.

"On the Way: 3-D Smartphones and Tablets" (Via the New York Times)

"At the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week, several hardware manufacturers are showing off interactive touchscreens capable of displaying 3-D effects that are visible without the aid of special eyewear.

LG has the Optimus 3D, a 4.3-inch sleek smartphone that offers the ability to watch 3-D videos from YouTube or other sources. The phone also lets people play a bevy of games in 3-D — a dizzying effect that takes some getting used to.
    "
    ---------------------------------------

Want

[video=youtube;IcYqzl0XnVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcYqzl0XnVI[/video]

tattoos, Feb 14, 2011 IP
  9. Hotelsex

Hotelsex Peon

Best Answers:
    @Great Ideas
    ... BAD Ideas :)

@Geek
    .. i'd renew that for sure.

@Tattoos
    .. very cool!!

@Everyone Else:
    Need Design?

Check My Sig

Hotelsex, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  10. adibranch

adibranch Peon

Best Answers:
    unless i'm being completely dense here.. and please bear in mind that i'm not a domain purchaser and think those that are are effectively turning the net into a farcical mess.

What happens when the domain fails to be the leading factor in sarch results? This is only a matter of time due to domain abuse as we're seeing.. and in my experience is already happening. Lets take for example 3dtv.co.uk ... now if you google 3d tv or 3dtv, the site is nowhere to be seen. The same goes for other examples.
    Are we seeing a trend? possibly. Worthless sites geared purely for the domain term and nothing else are being seen as spam sites and slowly filtering out of the system.

adibranch, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  11. VisualDream

VisualDream Guest

Best Answers:
    Yup renew that domain geek

VisualDream, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  12. VisualDream

VisualDream Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice post thanks for the info :)

VisualDream, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  13. holographics

holographics Peon

Best Answers:
    The domain name is only, and always has only been, a fraction of what the search engines identify. It's about links. And content. The domain name helps a little, but mainly it's so people will have an idea what the site is about and click. Worthless sites do not need to get filtered out, as they were never high ranking to begin with.

holographics, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  14. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How many of you are actually buying .co 3D domains?

sar420, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  15. adibranch

adibranch Peon

Best Answers:
    i am aware of that domain name is only one of the ranking factors.. (i work in SEO and digital marketing). My point is that it is currently/has been the biggest ranking factor , depending on term. You can quite easily top the search engines by having the exact phrase in your domain. However, my point is , that due to abuse, this trend seems to be filtering out... and with it the people who buy domain names purely for their seo impact (and lets face it, domain purchasers such as yourselves are all part of that) may soon potentially be left with a jar full of domain names you cant shift..

Take for excample '3ddigitaltelevision.com' .. now that as a brand name is utterly pointless. Its too long winded for visitors to type out, it won't reflect any company who potentially buys it... so all thats left is the SEO aspect. Once thats gone.. its useless. The domains target purchaser will therefore probably be affiliate site owners, bloggers, adsense users or other poor quality websites.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    adibranch, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  16. Vcize

Vcize Member

Best Answers:
    Your theory is sound, and I have noticed the same with EMDs lately, especially in the past week or so. You just chose a poor example in your first post, since 3dtv.co.uk is pretty brandable and since there is no way it would be ranking highly in the SERPs with only 18 backlinks in a fairly highly competitive niche. :p

Fortunately, the world of internet marketing is slow to catch on because most people are more than happy to wait until someone smarter than them tells them very explicitly what to do rather than testing things out on their own. If google completely eliminated keywords in the domain having any effect on rankings tomorrow it would take another two years before people actually stopped buying them.

Vcize, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  17. gilescoley

gilescoley Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sar420, I have bought one .co name

3DGaming.co

gilescoley, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  18. holographics

holographics Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Adibranch,

From my understanding, domain names have not been the leading factor, by any means, for a while - links are. Hence wikipedia's top rankings on almost any search term imaginable. I am interested to hear evidence to the contrary, but what you are saying contradicts my information. I am by no means expert, but have friends who are - I'm open to all info though. The way I understand it, the domain name only counts for 10 - 20 % max, links then content accounting for the lion share of find-ability. Perhaps in the past this was different, but what you are saying is actually just a reiteration of what I have known to be the case since I got started. If low quality sites are leading to the decline of the value of domain names, that is indeed a shame, and domainers are indeed shooting their own feet.
    However, if DNs are not the major factor in SEO, SEO need not be the major factor in domain sales: the 20 % leg up on competition is worthwhile for the buyer of a domain, but I don't see why this need be the primary consideration. It's also nice to have a domain that exactly states the service or product being searched for.
    I find it hard to respond to your two examples: it makes sense that the longer the tail, the bigger a factor the DN becomes in the event of an exact search match - 3dtv.co.uk is a bad example of this. 3ddigitaltelevision is also a bad example because less than 10 people search it per month. No sh*t it is worthless. Not to mention how redundant it is, in this day and age, to iterate that 3d tv will be digital: duh! :p

holographics, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  19. JackL00711

JackL00711 Member

Best Answers:
    So, is anyone ranking high in the SERPS for any highly searched 3d keywords?

JackL00711, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  20. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree with your premise that the domain name is currently or has ever been the "biggest" ranking factor.

browntwn, Feb 15, 2011 IP