1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wikipedia on OPD (this ought to be fun)

Discussion in 'Directories' started by dvduval, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Alucard

Alucard Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, then you can find the depth of my corruption, for example.

My only site is hosted on a free website given to me as part of my cable package - you will probably find a lot of ODP listings under the same IP address... and that will prove for once and for all how corrupt we all are, will it?

Alucard, Aug 15, 2005 IP
  2. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    :) I haven't looked you up yet, nor was I planning to post any specific allegations publicly, though I certainly have enough to help others to do so. ;)

dvduval, Aug 15, 2005 IP
  3. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've been examining this directory...
    http://www.whois.sc/dmoz/
    ...where listings are ranked by the number of DMOZ listings, and the results are quite interesting. What is even more interesting is cross referencing with nameservers and ip addresses (often with 2-200 domains where it is clear the ownership is all about profit through DMOZ listings. It takes a little time, but there are plenty of examples to be found.

You can sign up for an account at http://domainsdb.net/ so you can research matches based on IP and nameservers. It's free. A great place to start is domains listed a few pages deep into http://www.whois.sc/internet-statis...z-listings.html

If there are some DMOZ editors here that feel comfortable with your listings, feel free to post the sites you have listed that you have an interest, and we'll use the tools to examine them.

dvduval, Aug 15, 2005 IP
  4. Alucard

Alucard Peon

Best Answers:
    Just following up on an earlier comment:

Democractic system? I don't think I have ever seen any reference to the ODP as being democratic. As far as I know, it was always designed to have appointed (not elected) editors who were "in charge". If you can find a reference to this democracy, please let me know.

Alucard, Aug 16, 2005 IP
  5. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you Alucard, There is no where that mentions ODP is democratic, ODP is more similar to other organized crime groups such as Mafia. :)

gworld, Aug 16, 2005 IP