1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wikileaks needs your help

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Arnie, Dec 5, 2010.

1. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    India of course. What... you didn't know India was a recipient of US foreign aid and military aid?

robjones, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  2. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't trust it. There's lots of scams around masquerading as asking for Wikileaks supporters.

"You behave like some kind of emperor or slave trader."
    Herbert Snorrason, former Wikileaks officer, to Julian Assange

"I am the heart and soul of this organization, its founder, philosopher, spokesperson, original coder, organizer, financier and all the rest. If you have a problem with me, piss off."
    St Julian d'Assange

Look, Wikileaks is a for-profit organization. Assange has never denied that his sole purpose is to bring in as much donation money as possible. Those speeches you see him giving aren't to free speech organizations, they are to groups interested in giving him donations.

He's not interested in free speech, he's interested in free money.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/12/10/openleaks_wikileaks_breakaway/

Wikileaks are for-hire mercenaries

According to a Swedish newspaper, the former inner circle "were dissatisfied with the operation's association with Assange's personal problem"

Corwin, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  3. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Got it ! ... with ANY administration... Thanks !

Blue Star Ent., Dec 10, 2010 IP
  4. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Not just any aid... they got the "big one", the nuclear technology. They became nuclear specifically with the
    help of the United States. :eek:

Blue Star Ent., Dec 10, 2010 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The U.S. government is a bad choice of enemies. But hey, maybe Obama will pardon him.

WikiLeaks doesn't have the capability to fact check, nor is that a significant concern for them. The primary concerns at Wikileaks have always been fundraising and self-promotion.

I hope the U.S. doesn't. I would strongly prefer feeding him to the Afghani's.

Will.Spencer, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  6. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Aah, but I understand the concept of truth being the final winner, whereas you have no concept of that. Anyone who puts down truth over spin is responsible for the mess we're in. We'll get there in the end, for sure. Then I'll come back & laugh at you all, back in the gutter where the scum of the earth belong. :)

Bushranger, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  7. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    :)

In the case of the Pakistani media, allegedly, they didn't do either. According to the article, they just made up their own "juicy" stuff, and claimed that it was in the cables without linking to the specific cable it was supposedly in. I'm not sure about you, but the majority of articles I've read with Wikileak content, do not link to the specific cable they are talking about.

Rebecca, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  8. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There were lots of good people who held up truth over spin in 1942 Germany. They truthfully told the Nazis where Jews were hiding so they could be hauled off to death camps. Others truthfully pointed out homosexuals. Like Assange, these people were heroes to you I'm sure. After all, truth is the most important value, the final winner. Its no wonder you get along with Breeze.

Obamanation, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  9. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Sure, and the Nazi's won in your theory right?

10. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    At least you have honesty going for you. Perhaps you've missed your calling. You should put your money where your mouth is and become a professional leak for some place like Cuba, Russia, or Saudi Arabia. You could tell the King in KSA the truth about which of his citizens are homosexuals. I'm sure there are a great many places where you could help let truth shine!

Obamanation, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  11. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    [qoute]become a professional leak for some place like Cuba, Russia, or Saudi Arabia.[/quote]
    I'm sure others are doing that as we speak. I'm happy directing from the comforts of home. In time, we'll see more goodness everwhere, just as we have been since time immemorial.

12. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You've got to be kidding. For the sake of "truth", you would advocate snitching on homosexuals to regimes that would murder them?

Rebecca, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  13. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Absolutely not. I assumed he meant 'leaks' as in the leaks WikiLeaks put out. And if I was in a position to put out accurate documents that absolutely contradicted what my government was telling the people, I most certainly would.

14. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Why WikiLeaks is good

1. We knew most of this information:
    2. They are not “top secret” documents:
    3. It is not “illegal” for them to be released:
    4. The United States is exercising double standards:
    5. They are embarrassing but most do not care:
    6. Julian Assange has polluted the debate:
    7. Traditional media have not challenged government:
    8. Previous releases have had a positive impact:
    9. Diplomacy is still sexy:

15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Julian would have leaked the D-Day plans on 5 June 1944, just to get his 15 minutes of fame.

This isn't about "truth", this is about providing aid and comfort to the enemy.

Truth is what you speak for yourself. Julian isn't speaking for himself. He's disseminating information stolen from other people. Why? Because nothing Julian has said or ever could say would gain him this much attention. Truth comes from your head and from your heart. Julian used neither.

Will.Spencer, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  16. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Libertarian US Congressman Ron Paul has asked the following nine questions here

1) Do the America people deserve know the truth regarding the ongoing war in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen?

2) Could a larger question be, How can an Army private gain access to so much secret information?

3) Why is the hostility mostly directed at Assange, the publisher, and not our government's failure to protect classified information?

4) Are we getting our money's worth from the $80 billion dollars per year we spend on intelligence gathering?

5) Which has resulted in the greatest number of deaths: lying us into war or WikiLeaks revelations or the release of the Pentagon Papers?

6) If Assange can be convicted of a crime for publishing information that he did not steal, what does this say about the future of the First Amendment and the independence of the Internet?

7) Could it be that the real reason for the near-universal attacks on WikiLeaks is more about secretly maintaining a seriously flawed foreign policy of empire than it is about national security?

8) Is there not a huge difference between releasing secret information to help the enemy in a time of declared war, which is treason, and the releasing of information to expose our government lies that promote secret wars, death and corruption?

9) Was it not once considered patriotic to stand up to our government when it's wrong?

17. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Answer: See Q8 last post.

I think Julian, like me, is aware we're really ruled by corporation and simply wants people to know the truth. We'll probably all work out it's the RIGHT way of doing things but we need to know in order to work that out for sure. An open & truthful word surely has to be better.

ie: It would be nice to know what BHP said to Obama in order to get away with polluting the place. Then what his response was. You'd be more likely, or less likely to revote for him next time.

18. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Yah, I was surprised to see he answered in the affirmative twice. It seems he is 100% on board for leaking the identities of homosexuals dwelling in societies that would murder them. Truth before all else says he.

The problem for Bushranger is once he acknowledges that some secrets need to be kept, he acknowledges Assange's complicity in the murder of 2000 Afghans. Since Assange is his hero, he can not be guilty of anything, so the 2000 dead people are expendable, along with every Jew in Germany and every gay in KSA. To use Bushranger's own words, these are just more of those "people sneaking around causing trouble".

Next I predict he will reverse himself, since his own rules would have people like himself killed. He'll probably switch over to some claim that people like himself and Assange have the strength of character to decide which secrets should be kept and which ones shouldn't. Such hubris. Who the f*ck elected Assange to make those decisions for anyone.

Obamanation, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  19. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Your replies to my questions speak for themselves.

Here is where you champion "truth telling" to out Jews hiding in Nazi germany.

Here is where you champion "truth telling" to out Gays hiding in the KSA.
    I particularly like your reference to killing gays in Saudi Arabia as seeing "more goodness everywhere". I'm starting to think you have a serious mental disorder. Outside of the sickness it takes to endorse participation in the slaughter of such people, you are severely challenged by by the most basic of logic skills. Outside of your issues with logic, you seem to have problems acknowledging the meaning of your own statements. One might have a more meaningful conversation with a chimpanzee.

Obamanation, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  20. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    hahaha, that was your reference, i'm sure you can tell i never included it in my quote. i've got you pegged, that's your problem. You are part of the Bush admin that's coming down. You know it so you're putting words in my mouth and then twisting them to make your ends meet.

8) Is there not a huge difference between releasing secret information to help the enemy in a time of declared war, which is treason, and the releasing of information to expose our government lies that promote secret wars, death and corruption?

You are a fool if you think anyone believes your made up stories, they can go back and read the thread and see how big a fool you really are. My side would have leaked the deaths of Jews to the world well before Hitler had a chance to kill so many and you know it, it's your side that would be leaking whatever the government wants to hear. You'd be making a point of knocking on their door in order to suck right in at the start. You're on your way to the gutter where you belong. HahaHa. How the fuck you think you can spin the side of truth, justice & integrity and call that bad, hahaha, you've so outed yourself as a hypocite many times over in this one thread, for sure. Loser.

Bushranger, Dec 11, 2010 IP