1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wikileaks needs your help

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Arnie, Dec 5, 2010.

1. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Funny, the link you provided doesnt go to anything suppressing freedom of speech, it's just a court order from the US requiring a US company to turn over records relating to an ongoing investigation regarding a matter currently in the judicial system... ie - the illegal release of classified military and diplomatic cables by a member of the armed services. Given that, why the government of Iceland cares (or why we'd give a rats petoot that they consider it their business) is a mystery.

I get a kick outta the way you've apparently taken personal ownership of Manning and Assange's doings. Guess if you don't have anything of your own to boast about you can live vicariously thru their misadventures. It'd be more appropriate of course if you were willing to share the prison terms of those that go to the slammer for their actions... but then you're just a forum troll skating on someone else's rep. Let us know if you personally do anything with your life, but until then we'll just watch you bluster about what others do. :)

robjones, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  2. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I had a much greater respect for FP . But the author of that article is a moron without any understanding of life . Not because of the free BJ for Take-a-Leak . But because it is a cretinous insult of imaginable proportions to call the bloody protest in Moldova "twitter revolution" . Might as well call the Holocaust "BBQ whit some Jews" .

ApocalypseXL, Jan 22, 2011 IP
  3. Misato

Misato Guest

Best Answers:
    My appetite for BBQ is seasonal. Sashimi works for me. :D

Misato, Jan 22, 2011 IP
  4. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Thank you for proving that you lack a neural net .

ApocalypseXL, Jan 22, 2011 IP
  5. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I just love it when you make silly posts just like that. I gives me a chance to own you again ;)

1) Tweets are not public should you decide so
    2) Private messages can be sent via twitter
    3) Subpoena demands email addresses and IP addresses of 634,000 people
    4) The requisite information included their user names, addresses, telephone numbers, bank account details, and credit card numbers.
    5) It came with a gag order
    6) Majority of the targets of the subpoena are international residents.

I suppose according to our cowboy Pakistani government should also be able to subpoena twitter for Email ID's, IP's, Credit Card Numbers, addresses and names of American citizens including him and there's nothing wrong with it ;) Oh..wait he'll say that Twitter is not a Pakistani company, so even BP is not American company and they shouldn't subject themselves to US jurisdiction even though they operate there. #LOL #stupid #owned

Helvetii, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  6. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, still not an issue.
    You think disclosing stolen classified documents is a-ok, but the US can't tell a US company to disclose documents? That's an interesting (ok, twisted) little piece of reasoning.

Twitter's a US organization, complying with a US government subpeona, in a US criminal investigation. End of story.

Then again you're stuck frequenting a US forum to whine about the US. Shame no decent ideas start in India these days. Either you guys need to innovate or quit using Paypal, Facebook, Twitter, even Digitalpoint... while complaining that the US runs things.

If you want to play on a US beach, our lifeguards deliver the rules
    If you don't like it, play on your own beach. :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
    robjones, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  7. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal is American? ROFL! You sure you are a webmaster?! BTW is it okay for UK/Singapore government to ask paypal to hand over Email ID's, IP's, Credit Card Numbers, addresses and names of hundreds of thousands American citizens? Yes/No.

8. Misato

Misato Guest

Best Answers:

Nice ! The US certainly can handpick who gets to be eaten by sharks and who drowns. That's Leadership. :rolleyes:

Everyone will remember this post.

Misato, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  9. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:

Thanks Jude. You realize using your other ID and pretending it's someone in Japan doesn't make it better, right?

10. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yah Robjones ignores questions on all threads and threaten people with bans when cornered.

11. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    His opinion on your question is irrelevant. You are the one arguing out of one side of your mouth that there should be no secrecy on the planet, and out of the other saying these people have a right to privacy. Going a step further, you argue that Wikileaks, who invades the privacy of others entirely outside the process of law set up by democracies worldwide is the champion of justice, while those who use the legal process to request(and perhaps be denied) information are criminals. By this definition, the police who shoot criminals in the act of a crime are the bad guys, and the guys who extort and rob with weapons are the good guys. You are one sick little puppy.

Obamanation, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  12. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see a threat in my post nor can I ban anyone here... but you gotta admit the pic below is funny if you're into irony. :)

Attached Files:

13. Misato

Misato Guest

Best Answers:
    You should be carrying facts and evidence not just a guessing game.
    So if someone could speak Japanese fluently its Popo.
    If someone speaks Spanish its Popo.
    If someone speaks English its Popo.
    If someone speaks Italian its Popo.
    If someone speaks Arabic its Popo.
    If someone speaks Tagalog its Popo.
    If someone speaks Chinese its Popo.

......and I thought you guys said Popo was an idiot.

:rolleyes::cool:;)

Misato, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  14. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe a shared IP address works better than some assumptions based on language.

That sounds like a possible case of "Jesus Christ Complex". I try to avoid calling people idiots in favor of pointing out idiotic arguments, though I'll admit I've done it in the past. At least I don't use my avatar to do it :D.

Obamanation, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  15. Misato

Misato Guest

Best Answers:
    Facts please :D and if you want to learn Jap just let me know. We could do it on messenger. ;)

I promise I will change my avatar to a more suitable one I was considering Jesus Christ what do you think. :D

To be on the wikileak topic. It remains the same and boils down to the dislike of the US Government.

Misato, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  16. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not that interested in sharing. Doesn't even require IP info, though. If you wanna bet your login against mine that you're in Japan I'll be glad to share.

Annnd Let's Get Back to the topic: Wikileaks
    You are correct in your later statement RE wikileaks. Many supporters of Assange are pretty much just doing so because they hate the US government. That's pretty apparent when they're for disclosing stolen classified docs but deadset against disclosure when it comes to the docs the attorney general tells twitter to hand over docs related to Manning, Assange, et al. The ones with that odd dichotomy are clearly revealing their real motive, and it isn't about "full disclosure", nor about "privacy".

17. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Sad thing that Helvetti is gone , now we're out of nationalist Indians . He had it coming whit the attitude . Petty i though he was more intelligent . And Misato you sound as Japanese in attitude as a mexican salesman . You profile doesn't fit the bill . If you're scared of being banned just talk calmly and take your time to prepare your responses .

P&R is about a academic debate between veteran webmasters , not the slugfest it often is .

ApocalypseXL, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  18. Misato

Misato Guest

Best Answers:
    Bet the log in ? That's it ? I might not be a gambling person but I would love you to do a deed of sale of your property/s including your horses. Then we'll talk. Also just wondering why you guys interested in me. ~You guys are not my type~ LOL
    I already highlighted the words you wrote. That might be deja vu.
    I'm so cowering with fear. ROFL !

Misato, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  19. The Peoples SEO

The Peoples SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude your talking to a guy, that makes a living online by hiding and scamming Google adsense from India. When you live in a country who doesn't govern its people, they tend to have a lack respect, and knowledge for the law. Paypal is no different then me and you, they have to follow the same laws we follow as Americans... Trying to explain that to Helvetii is like trying to explain physics to a wall.

You can't talk debate laws, with someone who doesn't follow his own laws in his country... It's people like this that give good Indians a bad name...

Also speaking of irony, the irony of him reporting my post's, trying to get me banned, and look what he's manage to do to himself... Got me 4 new infractions, and couldn't keep himself from getting banned, I guess what goes around, comes around...

The Peoples SEO, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  20. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't seem the kind of guy that would normally kick a man when he's down....oh....sorry, wrong guy. Sneakin one in as soon as you could should have been expected from you sooner I guess.!

Helvetii - enjoy your break dude...guess its time to update your site/s, I always get a lot more done when I can't get into P&R :)

Bushranger, Jan 24, 2011 IP